MP3 players

Off topic discussion.
Big Astro Fan
Robot President

MP3 players

Postby Big Astro Fan » 17 years ago

This is just a curiosity qustion. But how many people have MP3 players and if you do what brand do you like? I have a Dell 30 gig player. I have one playlist with 1,472 country song in it.

mr skunk
Robot President

Postby mr skunk » 17 years ago

I had a SanDisk for a while, but then I gave it to my sister. It was nice, but it only held 60 songs. It was also complicated to use if you had a mac. I've upgraded to an ipod, but it sent me back a few bucks... :unsure:
"Make like siamese twins and split.... and then one of you die."

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

I have a Creative Labs Zen Nano Plus, 1 Gig, with flash memory.

1magus
Robot President

Postby 1magus » 17 years ago

I wanted a Toshiba Gigabeat 60 GB Video Player but I ended up getting a 4 GB mini I Pod and a 2GB Memory Stick for my PSP to run videos on. :cool: For my B Day a while ago
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

I have an "Easy MP3", some generic brand I suppose. It takes SD flash cards and I had 1 gig in it, but I took it out to use for my camera. I don't pay extra for brands that become popular through heavy advertising. ;)

mr skunk
Robot President

Postby mr skunk » 17 years ago

It's true, the ipod has been advertized a lot, but I needed something that could hold my music library, which at the moment exceeds 22 GB.
"Make like siamese twins and split.... and then one of you die."

1magus
Robot President

mr skunk wrote:It's true, the ipod has been advertized a lot, but I needed something that could hold my music library, which at the moment exceeds 22 GB.

I can almost full my I Pod but if they had a gaming device to hold games it would exceed 150 GBs.
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 17 years ago

I had the same problem as skunk. I started with a MP3 CD player, Iriver brand model SlimX, It worked good for 2 years before it broke in many small ways untill it became inoperable most of the time. At the time (2002 I think) it was the best you could get aside from a laptop and I used it all the time. Next I got a 256mb Transflash card for my Motorola Cell Phone. I found it to be lacking, as it was a little awkward to change the songs, and using it with headphones it wore the battery out too fast. Next I got a Pocket PC - Dell Axim X50v for which I eventually got 9 Gigabytes of SD and CF cards. It had the best EQ I'd had in any device yet, and with an extended battery I could play music and movies for 6 hours before I needed a recharge. Finally I've gotten an OQO, with a miniature USB harddrive in my jacket pocket and the OQO in another I can finally bring all 8000 some songs I've collected with me. It's so fun playing DJ at big parties, being able to plug into the best sound system around and then play any song someone asks for. I just connect to the internet with my cell phone and download the songs on the fly.

Of course had I not had other reasons to keep that expensive hardware with me I'd definitely choose a mobiBLU Cube MP3 player. It's just too cool. It's so tiny (0.9" square) and it holds 1Gb of music.
Last edited by Anapan on Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

1magus
Robot President

LOL That's cute :p I don't need the cube but I want it :d oh:

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

i have a ipod and i like U2 http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=U2 thats music video's of U2

Return to “General Discussion”