Write a novel this November

Off topic discussion.
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

It's supposed to be fiction. But it can't be something you start writing before November 1.

1magus
Robot President

Postby 1magus » 17 years ago

Astro Forever wrote:It's supposed to be fiction. But it can't be something you start writing before November 1.

MM It is Fiction as in FAKE :P and no I did not start after the 1st lol sorry.
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

Astro Forever
Administrator

1magus wrote:MM It is Fiction as in FAKE :P

I know, all I meant was that it said that they defined a novel as "a lengthy work of fiction". ;)

1magus
Robot President

Postby 1magus » 17 years ago

Astro Forever wrote:I know, all I meant was that it said that they defined a novel as "a lengthy work of fiction". ;)

K well I have a 26 page story at best I think lol that is not gonna cut it.
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

NaNoWriMo isn't about writing a good novel, it's about writing a bad one. :D The idea is to push for wordcount, so instead of being stuck for a plot or mulling over what word to use, you just write flat out. It doesn't matter how bad it is. It's quantity over quality. Then when you're done you have a 50,000 word novel and you've overcome the biggest hurdle in writing a novel: getting started. It feels fantastic and makes writing essays look like peanuts.
After that you can concentrate on quality if you like, but the main purpose here is to just go for it.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

i daydream when i wright storys, thats how i get idais :D

Spike
Metro City Citizen

Postby Spike » 17 years ago

I hate writing my name on crap let alone writing a novel, howsabout i just stop shaving and grow a mo for movember?
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| |^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
| ..SPIKE'S BIGGER!..__| | .......BEER TRUCK.....| ||´|";,___.
|_..._...__________/====|_..._..._______==|=||_|__|..., ] -
"(@)´(@)"""´´" *|(@)(@) "(@)´(@)"""´´"*|(@)(@)****(@)

Eileen sobora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Eileen sobora » 17 years ago

I write alot of stories so this is my chance, though I think they di not allow 14 year olds to enter. :d oh:
My Artpage http://daydream16.deviantart.com/
A perfect artist always needs to have one. ;)

Astro Forever
Administrator

NanoWriMo FAQ wrote:Is there a minimum age to participate?
No. All ages are very welcome. In fact, in 2005 we launched NaNoWriMo's Young Writers Program, which created a mini site and self-contained site for participants 12 and under, as well as those participating as part of a K-12 classroom group. While we encourage novelists of all ages to write with us, federal law does require we get a signed permission form from the parents of children 12 and under. You'll see that form when you sign up.

;)

Astro Forever
Administrator

So, how are you all doing?

I've started slowly... I'm only at 2 401 words. :( But I think I'll try to come back at it more often instead of just trying to push for many words in huge sessions. That doesn't work for me at all, at least not when writing fiction! :confused:

Return to “General Discussion”