Photos from New York

Off topic discussion.
mr skunk
Robot President

Photos from New York

Postby mr skunk » 17 years ago

Alright! Pictures from New York! I finally got them developed. I thought I'd share them with you guys.

This is the Pratt Institute campus, the first college I visited.

This is a picture of the foundation room at Pratt. On the walls are pictures of gesture drawings, quick figure sketches. The group was a good size for the tour, maybe 20 people.

Here's a picture I took of the Veteran's day parade on 5th avenue. The most powerful group of people, in my opinion, were the anti-war activists.

The inside of a taxi. My friend had never been in one before, so I took this for him.
"Make like siamese twins and split.... and then one of you die."

mr skunk
Robot President

Picture of the Japanese bookstore, "Kinokuniya," located on 5th and 49th.

More "Kinokuniya." This is the place where I get most of my Tezuka manga. They have a very large section of his works, but unfortunetly, I wasn't allowed to take pictures of the individual mangas.

A picture taken inside the Japanese sweets shop "Minamoto Kitchoan."

More "Minamoto Kitchoan." This is a very nice alternative for people like myself who can't digest milk. Usually the sweets are only made from soy and beans. Here is their homepage if anyone's interested.

Minomota Kitchoan

LynnyM
Metro City Citizen

Postby LynnyM » 17 years ago

Kinokuniya is a grand place. How ironic that there's one in New York for you and one in Seattle for me :blush:

The Tezuka manga there is about as good as it gets, I guess. Good deal for us!

New York - how romantic. I've never been close...not really a traveler.

Good luck with art school ;) My heart is with you.
Doctor Kei Kisaragi and further bullitens as events warrant. :ninja:

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

i what to go to kinokuniya, i wonder if when i become a pilot will i fly to new york. :)

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

There's a Kinokuniya in Sydney, I go in every time I'm there. It's so massive you can't see the end of it, you just keep walking. :cool:

And that taxi picture looks strange! Like it has a blast shield! :lol: In Australia they're just normal cars. I sit in the front next to the driver. Sometimes I sit in the back if I don't feel like talking.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

you do have some mad imagtion :cool: but i know what you mean about blast shield. :) the taxi's over here in london are black
do they look silmer mr skunk?

jarvic
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jarvic » 17 years ago

London Taxis kick ass!! They are BIG inside. You could fit 5 people in the back and the back door opens very wide and it has a nice big wide floor. Not like a typical north american taxi which is usually some chevy caprice or CrownVic.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

Yeah, London cabs are very cool. :cool: I went about 20 years ago and they had the older style classic black cabs. And the back doors opened in the other direction, so you could step out of them facing forwards.

And the red busses are cool too. :)

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

"jarvic" wrote:London Taxis kick ass!! They are BIG inside. You could fit 5 people in the back and the back door opens very wide and it has a nice big wide floor. Not like a typical north american taxi which is usually some chevy caprice or CrownVic.

the most i've seen in a black cab is 6 people and 2 buggies that makes 8 people with the babys inside the buggies :eek: :D they have been knowen to have very powerful engines, some thing like 670 BHP (break horse power) and dose up to 0-60 in 7.5 standard, Top Speed: 140 mph. :eek: thats alot for a disal engines. :lol:

"DrFrag" wrote:Yeah, London cabs are very cool. :cool: I went about 20 years ago and they had the older style classic black cabs. And the back doors opened in the other direction, so you could step out of them facing forwards.

And the red busses are cool too. :)

the classics are always the best :) a long time ago the london black cab was alot taller becuase of the top hats the men use to wear ;)

the red busses have changed now
but the older one where better :)

oh yeah, the 38 route master has retyed now :(
i use to like thoughs busses :) it's the same reson why theye got rid of the F-14 tomcat :cry: :shifty:

mr skunk
Robot President

"Sparx" wrote:you do have some mad imagtion :cool: but i know what you mean about blast shield. :) the taxi's over here in london are black
do they look silmer mr skunk?

Somewhat similar, although a taxi in New York is not nearly as clean looking. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”