Not going to be here on Valentine's Day

Off topic discussion.
Eileen sobora
Rocket Ball Champion

Not going to be here on Valentine's Day

Postby Eileen sobora » 17 years ago

I have to go to a wedding at Los Vegas, My Brother and his girlfriend is getting married. This is the first time we are going to have part an asian family in our family portrait. It before was just us Spanish/White. Now since he have new family in laws joining in, it seems to be cool. ^_^ But I don't know what to wear in the wedding, Like a dress, what kind of make up, how well should my hair be done, etc. I'm going to watch them get married. Also I'm kinda concern about my brother and her. One day, His girlfriend mentioned that somewhere around February, she will be returning to Taiwan and I'm scared to see my brother in all that sorrow. :( I'm not going to be able to give cards to anyone so you guys can PM me greetings, and when I get back I read them. :) I hope you guys have a good valentines day when it comes :wub: :heart: :heart: :heart: :wub:
My Artpage http://daydream16.deviantart.com/
A perfect artist always needs to have one. ;)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

I really don't know how you should dress. First, it depends of the wedding, if it's big or not and how formal and traditionnal it is. I would say it also depends of what suits you and what you feel comfortable in, even what you usually wear. At your age, you are somewhat in an in-between. Some teens your age might feel comfortable wearing a lot of make-up, even in everyday life, and that look will suit them, for example, but at that age I wouldn't have felt good at all wearing make-up the same way women in their late teens or early twenties do. Very little or maybe even nothing would have been my choice, but then that's just me. The same goes for the dress. You still want to feel like you are yourself and not look as if you had unexpectedly aged a few years. :D It's definitely tricky to dress for such a day at your age, especially since the groom is your brother.

I would suggest shopping around with an open mind, just trying to get a general idea of what you think would be a nice attire. Then, if you are not sure, try to bring somebody with you to tell you if they think what you had in mind is appropriate. You could also ask other teens or young women what they will wear at that wedding, that might give you ideas. :)

Eileen sobora
Rocket Ball Champion

Thanks, I don't wear that much make up, I only wear foundation in my face everyday. So I might put some foundation, lip-gloss, eye shadow, and some blush. I'm still confused with the dress. It sucks to see that I have to miss all the fun in Valentine's Day for a wedding, I wanted to have fun. Guess I'll have to be happy with it. Since I think my brother and his girlfriend will do fine as a couple, here's a picture of them.http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a356/daydream16/DSCN0013.jpg know my brother tends to make weird faces. ><
Last edited by Eileen sobora on Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

I did know you'd look like that. You’re pretty.

Astro Forever
Administrator

This wasn't a picture of Eileen. Reread the text. ;)

Eileen, I didn't know Valentine's Day was such an interesting day over there. Here, it's pretty much an ordinary day. Attending a wedding would be much more fun to me!

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:This wasn't a picture of Eileen. Reread the text. ;)

Dam, why do I make errors like that, I have a habit of jumping before I look. :d oh:

Eileen sobora
Rocket Ball Champion

I'm kinda camera shy so I can't really make a good picture, I got my dress yesturday. It's very pretty, I may get my make up done by scratch and that my hair to be done by myself. I hope the weeding goes well. I could show you a picture of me but I'm very shy.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Don't post a picture, you are not 18 and we never know who could come across it... :)

I'm happy you got your dress. I'm sure you'll be pretty! :D

Eileen sobora
Rocket Ball Champion

I just hope to get some valentines greedings from everyone while I'm gone.

Astro Forever
Administrator

I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day, so I'm afraid I'll forget... :unsure: Hopefully somebody else will bump up this thread and that will remind me. :D

Return to “General Discussion”