Hey Moderators!!!

Off topic discussion.
stoogefreaky
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby stoogefreaky » 17 years ago

I'm wondering if ya'll are able to see our IP addresses?

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

Moderators can view people's IP addresses through an admin control panel.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

Or below everybody's username in threads. There's a little computer icon with the IP address in a tooltip when we move our mouse over it. :)

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

Yeap, they are all right, it's just below the Join Date, Location and posts. I'm a mod on other sites ;)

stoogefreaky
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby stoogefreaky » 17 years ago

Do our IP addresses get logged down somewhere? Like where we've been around this site?

Astro Forever
Administrator

"stoogefreaky" wrote:Do our IP addresses get logged down somewhere? Like where we've been around this site?
Yes. Your IP address is saved when you post.

I guess it's for security reasons. Imagine someone coming here and making death treats. :eek: I'd definitely call the police, no matter where in the world the person is!

Is that a concern to you? We definitely do not disclose IP addresses to other members, and we do not have any way to tell exactly who you are. The most we can know is the name of your Internet service provider and the country/area you are in.

When one has a website, it's possible to log in the IP addresses of every single visitor, so it's not like forums are more intrusive than other website on the matter.

Astro Forever
Administrator

"llama" wrote:I might make my own website. anyone got ideas?
I don't, and even if I had one, it wouldn't matter. If you're going to make a site, you'd better find something that you really like, so nobody can make a choice in your place.

By the way, this topic has nothing to do with making website. If you want to discuss it, please start a new topic for that purpose.

Vergere
Administrator

Postby Vergere » 17 years ago

This thread shouldn't be locked, because someone could have a useful question or a useful answer. It was the case for Stoogefreaky's post and most of the following posts. However, it wasn't the case for Llama's last post.

Return to “General Discussion”