Hackers!

Off topic discussion.
CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Hackers!

Postby CommanderEVE » 16 years ago

How can i protect a site that is going to get ripped apart by 30 hackers!?

:cry: i need help.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 16 years ago

Secure it. Contact the network administrator to do it, it's his/her job ;)
How are they attacking exactly?

By the way... the correct name is "cracker". A hacker is someone knowledgeable in computer fields ;)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Oh ok.

Well they set a date and 9 days form that they are going to try and attack the site, there is 30 of them, and the site they are going to attack is the link in my sig. But the owner has made two treads about it and took all the Mods off the team to make them like members.

There is a Cracker site I have looked at it, but there was this guy that got banned for the same reason's llama did. He was just a stupid fool. So we banned him and he made another account and said that he could destroy the site. There is this other guy and his name is DrakRider, he is the good guy out of all the crackers on the cracker site I told you about he has been keeping the site up with there latest information.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 16 years ago

I would advise to upgrade to the latest version as quickly as possible, both server and forum, if it isn't already done. Maybe temporarily closing the forum would be wise if it can't be done on time.
People defacing website on retaliations often are childish-minded, and would probably be unable to find vulnerabilities by themselves. With an old version, they could use automatic attacking scripts found here and there on the web, which are unlikely to work with more recent versions.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

stoogefreaky
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby stoogefreaky » 16 years ago

Why would they want to attack that site?

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

becuase they have attacked about 5 other young invistion sites. and also becuase we have banned on of there menbers. the group of crackers call them selfs K0h.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 16 years ago

However, our forum isn't Invision, but vBulletin. Not to say that vBulletin isn't vulnerable at all, but sometimes crackers will find an opening on a type of forum and will more forums of the same type to attack them.

Latu
On a Flight into Space

Postby Latu » 16 years ago

Sorry to bring this thread back up but... I noticed your msn name is now HACKER.... Was this hacked or is it just a name you made?
"Astro, you must exceed the limitations that humans cannot!
You must be go beyond nationality, ethnicity,
pilosophy, and religion,
starvation and poverty,
and war!
Exceed these limitations created by man!
You must fly high! Higher than any human has ever flown before!
To reach for the future that no human has been able to so far!"
:tenma: :astro:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 16 years ago

Hem... just to clear things up, even though I was the previous poster in the thread, I'm sure Latu wasn't referring to me! :lol:

Welcome back, Latu! :)

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Yes Latu, my MSN accout got hacked about a year ago. :(

Return to “General Discussion”