Lack of empathy

Off topic discussion.
tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 16 years ago

Hi- Thanks everyone for being nice. Sorry that anyone had to suffer, your friend, praying all of you the very best, Toni.

Uran-chan
Robot President

Postby Uran-chan » 14 years ago

Wow Bullying in other country Sure is crtitical
Not like here its minimize
Bullies in here don t throw you to locker or Flush you the the toilet
Nor Throw you to the Garbage
I am a Bully in my past but not today
Cause i figure its pathethic and a waste of time to pick on other people
Even iam a bully in my past i ve never seen that kind of Bullying

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 14 years ago

My Junior/high school years were a disaster. I called it "Bully-lympics" and I should have gotten the gold for the beat down relay. I didn't experiance all those one-life events. No license at 16, no first car, no Proms, no class events and no graduation. After 12 years of school and because of two missed grade points, I also didn't get a diploma.

So...I joined the Navy.

I served 20 years, best time of my life. I found my nitch, had success, married my wife and settled in Washington State. Some time before 2005 our old Senior class president from 1985, one of the jerks who beat the snot out of me had a deep moment of religion, a metanoya.

He sought out my Dad and came over to the house to appolgize for his part in a percieved ruining of my life. Then my Dad showed off everything he had on my career, my service during the first Gulf War, in Somalia, all the awards I had won.

Peter Rodgers then went to the superintendant of schools and explained what he knew, he demanded the school system award me my diploma. They refused. So he asked my Dad to get copies of my service record, not telling me the reason why, and he returned to the school board with my Dad and laid the record out before them...

My wife and I came home to Boston for my retirement ceremony in 2005 which Dad arranged to be held in the high school gym. I didn't expect the class of Northeast Regional 1985 to be there when I walked in. When Peter took the podium it took him a bit to get the words together...

"Dan...Twenty years ago you were denied not only your diploma but some of the cherished memories most of us selfishly took for granted. In those 20 years you chose to give up every day defending our freedoms and you did it with deeds that have no dispute, with honor not in doubt. It is we, your classmates, who owe you something long and wrongfully denied. Your day of graduation and our long overdue apology"

Did it hurt? Damn right. But I think silvester stalone said it best in Rocky VI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uASVzkrEKgs

Bullies and life can be bitterly cruel. Some of us are handed a diamond, some of us are handed rocks. We get beat up, teased, tossed and treated like garbage but you know who wins in the end? I read these stories, I know a lot of you by reading what you post and man there are some tough characters in this place!

Many of you fit what this you tube clip says...you get hit and you get back up, you get hit some more and you keep getting back up! Let the punks and bullies gnash their teeth and shake their dumb fists till they're blue in the face, if you can get back up and keep going after all that? You are 100 times the human being they are and eventually all that trouble and all those struggles do come back with benefits in their own good time.

Never let others tell you you're fat, you're stupid, you're worthless...keep living for yourself, find your nitch, don't give up, never give in and eventually you will have your day!

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 14 years ago

Image :wub: :heart: :ninja: :astro:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 14 years ago

Oh in case you didn't know...
Feel free to stomp me some more if you can afford it... :w00t: :lol: :whistling: :ninja: :p
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

Sorry you had to go through this, dannavy. :cry: But it's really, really great that it ended this way. I'm happy for you! :) Hopefully it will give hope to all our friends currently in high school for whom life is harder than it should be!

Latu
On a Flight into Space

Postby Latu » 14 years ago

Wow dannavy.. What a heartfelt story... I truly feel bad for you but am also happy that it ended in that way. That is a true story that deserves to be told.

I, myself, am still currently in high school but it seems as if bullying is finally something that is noticed and action is being taken against it. All across my county, and maybe even state, an anti-bullying policy has been put into place - Ever since an incident in which a student was bullied over myspace or something of the like, which lead to her suicidal death... But, back to the policy - Students can now anonymously report cases of bullying or even goto the guidance counselor, etc... It is not part of the teachers job to acknowledge any acts of bullying... No matter how silly it may sound. If they don't, they risk losing their job. They have to go through classes and all of that stuff just to learn about different acts of bullying, etc.

Hopefully this will help stop these acts, but I'm glad what my life has become. The only main acts of bullying against me that I can remember date back to preschool...

But I live my life full of experience... That's what life is. I love getting the most experience out of everything and the many different ways of achieving it. But lately... I just want to go an adventure... And live my life... Playing different games for the Nintendo DS and Wii have really inspired me lately... Also several anime have too... I just hate how so much can hold you back... And then you are an adult.. Have to live a life of endless work and debt. But you can change that! Remember it's your life.. Live it to the fullest... :astro:

EDIT: I'd also like to add that about a year ago I started looking out my window quite often... Just appreciating the natural world around me. Just to smell the air... Honestly, looking out my window reminds me of (haha, I just had to look through some old posts trying to find his name, as I forgot it >.<) fafner's signature.
Hope you all make the best out of everything! Continue on with the adventure of Life! :astro:
Last edited by Latu on Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Astro, you must exceed the limitations that humans cannot!
You must be go beyond nationality, ethnicity,
pilosophy, and religion,
starvation and poverty,
and war!
Exceed these limitations created by man!
You must fly high! Higher than any human has ever flown before!
To reach for the future that no human has been able to so far!"
:tenma: :astro:

Soul Rokkuman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Soul Rokkuman » 14 years ago

Oh... I've read the fist post, and I have to say that I really feel afected.. bullying is just something horrible.

I was bullying in my school days.. actually, I still have some nightmares about that (like I'm in school without my shoes or being locked in a dark room).

Afortunally , my dad always suported me and he was aware about that... in the other hand, when I was in the Media class (in Chile que have Basic -7- 14 years old- and Media class -15- 18 years old) I became a ganster (uhm.. I don't think is that the word I wanted to use... =P) and I dedicated to hit very moron who was doing bullying to others..

Honeslty, I hate schools and class room... they brings me really bad and sad memories.

astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby astro_mcfly » 14 years ago

Old thread, but it appears to have been brought back.
A year or two I joined this forum, I was subject to the kind of torment that many of you have described... Maybe not the same situations, but you know what I mean. ;P
Because of many of the things that happened in my youth, I have serious trust issues and am often afraid to get too close to people. I fear that they'll leave me behind because I'm "not good enough". The funny thing is, when I moved across the country, everything seemed to change. People really started to like me here, and it became overwhelming how much they liked me...
Nowadays, as I am a young woman now, people seem to have become the opposite. I never really expressed much of an interest in people and relationships and the like, and quite a few people have been quite mad at me for that. Believe it or not, when I said how I couldn't return the feelings one person had for me, they tried to kill me. (ehh, I'll leave that at that)
However, I have no problems with people in person bullying me anymore. After so many years of being bullied, I finally was able to see that me being upset is what they WANT. If you don't get upset, or remain indifferent, their attempt is foiled. nobody likes to be bullied, and it is SO TRUE that it does much more damage that people THINK it does! Even with some ghosts from my past looming over me, I'm happy to say that I feel I am becoming much more confident in myself. I seem to be doing fine in life, I graduated a year early from high school (with plenty of encouragement from my friends and teachers), and am lucky to have my dream car and a position as an assistant manager at a Sanrio store. Maybe that's good news to some of the older members on the forum, who may remember conversations with me about problems I had way back when.

Soul Rokkuman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Soul Rokkuman » 14 years ago

"astro_mcfly" wrote:Old thread, but it appears to have been brought back.
A year or two I joined this forum, I was subject to the kind of torment that many of you have described... Maybe not the same situations, but you know what I mean. ;P
Because of many of the things that happened in my youth, I have serious trust issues and am often afraid to get too close to people. I fear that they'll leave me behind because I'm "not good enough". The funny thing is, when I moved across the country, everything seemed to change. People really started to like me here, and it became overwhelming how much they liked me...
Nowadays, as I am a young woman now, people seem to have become the opposite. I never really expressed much of an interest in people and relationships and the like, and quite a few people have been quite mad at me for that. Believe it or not, when I said how I couldn't return the feelings one person had for me, they tried to kill me. (ehh, I'll leave that at that)
However, I have no problems with people in person bullying me anymore. After so many years of being bullied, I finally was able to see that me being upset is what they WANT. If you don't get upset, or remain indifferent, their attempt is foiled. nobody likes to be bullied, and it is SO TRUE that it does much more damage that people THINK it does! Even with some ghosts from my past looming over me, I'm happy to say that I feel I am becoming much more confident in myself. I seem to be doing fine in life, I graduated a year early from high school (with plenty of encouragement from my friends and teachers), and am lucky to have my dream car and a position as an assistant manager at a Sanrio store. Maybe that's good news to some of the older members on the forum, who may remember conversations with me about problems I had way back when.

I don't know you, but I'm happy for you! :heart:

Same story here. Now I have a good job and my own apartment (rent one, but still MY PLACE xD), finally I can have cats (When I was a little girl I always dreamed to have cats, but my stepmother doesn't liket hem :( ), and I have a lot of confidence in my self, too.

Sometimes I think, where are now those boys and girls whom humiliated me in the past.. obviously, I don't really wanna know, but, destiny is so playful.. maybe I'll meet them some day.

:unsure: I hope no.

Return to “General Discussion”