The Mist: Best monster movie in ages!!!

Off topic discussion.
cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 16 years ago

2 of 3 people found the following review helpful:
It Takes A Lot To Scare Me..."The Mist" TERRIFIED Me!, December 25, 2007
By Jill Dunsmore "jjdunsmore50" - See all my reviews

I am beginning my overall review by saying that yes, the monsters are scary as hell, but the people trapped in the supermarket by the monsters are even scarier. A religious nut, Mrs. Carmody (Marcia Gay Harden) persuades the unfortuneate trapped people that the mist is an act of god, and they basically go absolutely crazy, paying sacrifices.

The scariest scene is when the brain-washed religious people are attacking Amanda (Laurie Holden) and the young boy (Nathan Gamble). It is so terrifying and incredibly scary and gut-wrenchingly sad at the same time.

The effects are so great and scary. The monsters are wonderfully terrifying, and the scenes with the monsters are really scary, especially in the back of the store in the loading dock. It is so terrifying, and you will be on the edge of your seat, screaming in terror the entire time.

What I loved most about this movie is that there were so many terrifying scenes that I actually didn't believe that there could be that many in a single horror flick. It was really great and scary, and they were actually really, really terrifying.

Along with horror and bloody brilliant scenes, there are humurous scenes, like when an old woman, Irene (Frances Sternhagen) combines bug spray and fire to kill a horde of spiders. It's brilliant and very, very humurous in so many aspects.

The only (yes, ONLY) flaw with this movie is that the ending was terrible. It was unexpected, didn't explain anything, yet it was so heart-breakingly sad at the same time. It basically left you hanging, and still had you guessing, which is what should happen during the movie, not in the final scene.

Otherwise, Stephen King's The Mist is a terrifying, edge-of-your-seat thrill ride that will leave you thrilled, terrified, shocked and engaged throughout the entire time. It is a must-see movie, and is easily the scariest movie of 2007 so far

Last edited by cybotron on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 16 years ago

I put in in my NF queue, but it is yet to be released to DVD.

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 16 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:I put in in my NF queue, but it is yet to be released to DVD.

The Mist: 2-Disc Collector's Edition (2007) Amazon now taking preorders!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Mist-2-Disc-Collectors-Thomas-Jane/dp/B0010X73ZG/ref=pd_bbs_5?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1202384881&sr=8-5
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 16 years ago

Hi- Thanks everyone, i love, no mean like the original, "The thing from Another World" and also like the Gamera movies. Thanks your friend Toni, hugs everyone

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 15 years ago

Last edited by cybotron on Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Innocent_Eyes
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Innocent_Eyes » 15 years ago

Just watched it tonight.

Ok movie, didn't scare me much though and the ending just totally ruined it for me.

[Small spoiler below, difficult to see just in case + highlight to read]

That religious woman totally had that coming for doing that to that poor young military man. There was no need for that - it's bascially a fate worse than death

Good though.

BTW how many freakin' times is the word scary used in that review!
Last edited by Innocent_Eyes on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Legeremain99
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Legeremain99 » 15 years ago

:) I have the movie on DVD, but have not seen it yet. I plan on watching it fairly soon...I'll get back to you guys, once I have. I appreciate all of the input. Take care. :)

-Legeremain99 :) :astro:

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

"Innocent_Eyes" wrote:Just watched it tonight.

Ok movie, didn't scare me much though and the ending just totally ruined it for me.

[Small spoiler below, difficult to see just in case + highlight to read]

That religious woman totally had that coming for doing that to that poor young military man. There was no need for that - it's bascially a fate worse than death

Good though.

BTW how many freakin' times is the word scary used in that review!

Are you saying that the pharmacy scene did not scare you?? :lol: :lol:
Right! :whistling:

Innocent_Eyes
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Innocent_Eyes » 15 years ago

"cybotron" wrote:Are you saying that the pharmacy scene did not scare you?? :lol: :lol:
Right! :whistling:

Nope! :lol:

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

"Innocent_Eyes" wrote:Nope! :lol:

Wellllll as long as you confess to being scared... :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”