Speed Racer movie

Off topic discussion.
cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 16 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:Ok, first, I was impressed overall, but I miss the old-style clothes for the kid brother. Other than that, the scenes were just too brief and fragmented to get a decent idea of what is to come. :lol: I do not even know the name of the local theatre here in Hanover; I guess I might want to swing by and make a note of it. :p

Oh, almost forgot, I do hope the new villains are as entertaining as Snake, Dr. Terror, etc.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1650205802911128767&q=speed+racer+episodes&total=58&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6

Speed Racer - The Most Dangerous Race (Part 1) :w00t:
You might want to check this out...
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby astro_mcfly » 16 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:Ok, first, I was impressed overall, but I miss the old-style clothes for the kid brother. Other than that, the scenes were just too brief and fragmented to get a decent idea of what is to come. :lol: I do not even know the name of the local theatre here in Hanover; I guess I might want to swing by and make a note of it. :p

Oh, almost forgot, I do hope the new villains are as entertaining as Snake, Dr. Terror, etc.

I still don't know what to think... I couldn't really piece anything together in the trailer either.
All I know is that I've been waiting for this movie since I was... 11 or 12...
Of course, Natarii the nostalgia freak was kind of sad when she (umm... I, lol) watched it. Even Trixie's hairdo kind of got to me... It's too short. XD
call me picky if you want. X3

tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 16 years ago

Hi- Thanks i will see this movie if i can.

Daichi
Robot President

Postby Daichi » 16 years ago

I am really looking forward to this. As amazing as it is, it's actually gotten me... excited. *shockgasp*

Looks to me like it's going to be just about the only good American media based on a Japanese anime/video game.
"You will never understand how this feels. Look at me, I'm neither truly human nor truly robot. I'm a monster."
-Atlas

tonigirl1000
Banned

Hi- I hope the Astroboy movie next year will be a surprise hit and i hope the Speed Racer movie will also make money when it comes out.

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 16 years ago

Emile fits the role but I'm worried about the Psudo-politicalism they're pushing, especially giving that screaming creep Susan Surandwrap a role. It might kill the whole movie.

Daichi
Robot President

I hadn't heard anything about that. Sounds nasty.
"You will never understand how this feels. Look at me, I'm neither truly human nor truly robot. I'm a monster."

-Atlas

tonigirl1000
Banned

I thought it was a car-racing movie with a teen-ager helping protect other people while being the best racer possible. Thanks

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 16 years ago

It is, or at least ought to be; however, it seems that its creators are going to use it as a vehicle for political propaganda.

Please, people, let us avoid the specifics of whose political views are expressed by this film. :cool:

Daichi
Robot President

Feh, hopefully it's not so suffocating we can actually enjoy the film.

-Atlas

Return to “General Discussion”