Cloverfield Stuff

Off topic discussion.
cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Cloverfield Stuff

Postby cybotron » 16 years ago

[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 16 years ago

You mean another greap flop low money producer from Holly wood?

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

"dannavy85" wrote:You mean another greap flop low money producer from Holly wood?

1-18-08
Nooooo. Meet God.... :lol: :ninja: :tenma:
Last edited by cybotron on Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

http://www.traileraddict.com/clip/1-18-08/choppers
Did anyone go? :unsure:
IS anyone intrigued?
:rolleyes:

Breakman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Breakman » 16 years ago

I saw the movie on opening day (midnight showing). How can I put this in a good way...? Hmmm... Oh well, whatever. It was just terrible. ^^;

SPOILERS AHEAD

The first hour or so (nearly half of the movie) is just someone filming a Going Away party for the main character who is going to Japan. Of course, it was filled with drama as his girlfriend broke up with him and starting to date a new guy (for a rather stupid reason). The movie finally picked up when the monster(s) attacked. The scenery and situations reminded me of the videogames Silent Hill and Disaster Report/Raw Danger. The ended was also disappointing as it just ends abruptly.

Save your money or wait until it goes to your nearest discount theater.
Last edited by Breakman on Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

"Breakman" wrote:I saw the movie on opening day (midnight showing). How can I put this in a good way...? Hmmm... Oh well, whatever. It was just terrible. ^^;

SPOILERS AHEAD

The first hour or so (nearly half of the movie) is just someone filming a Going Away party for the main character who is going to Japan. Of course, it was filled with drama as his girlfriend broke up with him and starting to date a new guy (for a rather stupid reason). The movie finally picked up when the monster(s) attacked. The scenery and situations reminded me of the videogames Silent Hill and Disaster Report/Raw Danger. The ended was also disappointing as it just ends abruptly.

Save your money or wait until it goes to your nearest discount theater.

I'm astonished! Your review is so negative and shallow. The film is actually quite good and is designed as a parable of the 911 attack using strictly judeochristian and mythological metaphors. A true "Apocryphon..."
Fall of Babylon at the hands of the beast from the sea scenario! Totally biblical as most examples of apocalyptic lit are. The "Cosmic Divine.."
Please ignore the cultural roots and stuff :lol: :lol:
No religion discussion... Just a Greek wall painting..... HYDRA!
The dragon strikes! Same as always threatened. But...
With a certain impetus on reality.
The monster is evil religion. Bin Laden...
Hitler..Etc.
Breakman I would have expected a deeper discussion. Anybody raised on Hollywood or Japanese Kaiju would love this movie!
But that monster is real!!! and it's still loose! :whistling:
:astro:
I'm watching Godzilla vs Mothra right this minute on the Queen's own CBC!
OMG!!! I watched everyone of these movies!
Last edited by cybotron on Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 16 years ago

"cybotron" wrote:I'm astonished! Your review is so negative and shallow. The film is actually quite good and is designed as a parable of the 911 attack using strictly judeochristian and mythological metaphors. A true "Apocryphon..."

Well, maybe the topic is interesting, but according to Breakman's description, the problem is with the handling of the scenario itself. If half of the movie is about something totally different from the main topic, and not very interesting on top of that, even the best scenario won't do a good movie ;)
It seems to me that they wanted to do something very dramatic to draw audience, but hadn't a lot to put in, hence half of "off-topic" and lack of ending...
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

"fafner" wrote:[QUOTE=cybotron;76566]I'm astonished! Your review is so negative and shallow. The film is actually quite good and is designed as a parable of the 911 attack using strictly judeochristian and mythological metaphors. A true "Apocryphon..."

Well, maybe the topic is interesting, but according to Breakman's description, the problem is with the handling of the scenario itself. If half of the movie is about something totally different from the main topic, and not very interesting on top of that, even the best scenario won't do a good movie ;)
It seems to me that they wanted to do something very dramatic to draw audience, but hadn't a lot to put in, hence half of "off-topic" and lack of ending...[/QUOTE]

The point is the disruption of daily mundane life! The time is about 20minutes or less. People going about their lives knowing not that it is the end! Just exactly what happened 911. And the balance in the film is perfect.There is a brief news report about a tanker, and everybody ignores it! Life is a vain party. Like the witch in the "Wiz" "Don't bring me no bad news!"
Do your job shut up! 9-5!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3906218586066041152&q=don%27t+bring+me+no+bad+news&total=229&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

Then doomsday takes them by surprise! The beast they mocked about comes upon them and devours them. :unsure: What? Don't you get it? That monster is real! Out of the Arabian sea! Hydra! :lol:
O well the film is after the fact!
I'll shut up now! Get back to work!
I'll have to see it again.
Last edited by cybotron on Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 16 years ago

I see Cybotron's point: If films such as [SCARY FONT FOLLOWS:]THEM[/END OF SCARY FONT] started with the gaint ants on screen, who would be thrilled? The film must have an unknown; even if the viewer knows about it. It must build the tension before introducing the actual terror. If Alien showed the alien in the 1st 5 minutes, who would have watched it?

On the other hand, if too much of the film showed the peaceful lives of the unsuspecting but doomed people, and too little of the terror, it might be just as bad. :D

tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 16 years ago

Hi- Thanks, sad that there are bad things happening.

Return to “General Discussion”