unread private messages

Off topic discussion.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

unread private messages

Postby jeffbert » 15 years ago

The PM system refuses to acknoledge that I have read a PM unless I either delete or respond to it. :ninja: But as soon as I click the [respond] button, unread private messages goes to zero

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 15 years ago

I received private messages, and I didn't notice such problems. But at the same time, I am not completely sure I didn't answer to all of them... I will pay attention next time I receive a private message.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 15 years ago

I noticed this a long time ago. But I remeber I have PM's to reply to.

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 15 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:The PM system refuses to acknoledge that I have read a PM unless I either delete or respond to it. :ninja: But as soon as I click the [respond] button, unread private messages goes to zero

Well if there was anything in here being watched or hacked or monitored by the cyber fuzz it would be the PM system. This site would of course be a prime target for such operations. What with the pictures and all the talk of "Cute" and "Adorable." :lol: :lol:
So the problem could just be on your end. It's inevitable that the PM's around here would be read by an outside agency. :ninja:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 15 years ago

This is strange... I never noticed any problem on my hand. :eek: I'll be more careful next time I get one.

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

"Astro Forever" wrote:This is strange... I never noticed any problem on my hand. :eek: I'll be more careful next time I get one.

As I said, it may just be him, it would depend on the speed of your connection, the speed of your system, your security software etc, as to whether you would notice anything or not. But this place has been hacked and there are tracking cookies all around. :astro:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Vergere
Administrator

Postby Vergere » 15 years ago

Hacking into a PM box if far more difficult than breaking into a forum. Moreover, if someone had done so, he would certainly be very cautious not to tamper with the read status. At this point, he would even better have the database dumped to an external site, which would give access to all of the PMs without modifying anything. Don't see a conspiration when a simple bug explains it better (and a conspiration would be a very lame one). ;)

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

"Vergere" wrote:Hacking into a PM box if far more difficult than breaking into a forum. Moreover, if someone had done so, he would certainly be very cautious not to tamper with the read status. At this point, he would even better have the database dumped to an external site, which would give access to all of the PMs without modifying anything. Don't see a conspiration when a simple bug explains it better (and a conspiration would be a very lame one). ;)

Not needed if there is a bug on an individual computer. A Trojan or a spider snitch. You should run antispyware software and clean your temp folder.
Even professors and cops have been busted. But whatever.
There are enough key phrases and words being used to attarct a lot of spiders. But as I say whatever. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”