Kimba movie (recent) on DVD

Off topic discussion.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Kimba movie (recent) on DVD

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

Cd Japan just notified me that the film from which this image was taken
is now available for pre-order. There are two versions, 1 having only the basics, the other, having an extras disc and other additional materials:

single disc version about $40

2 disc version about $70

:D

Dr. Tenma
Kokoro Robot

Postby Dr. Tenma » 14 years ago

Aw, that looks adorable- love the slightly revamped Kimba design!

How are you non-Japan folks playing these? I'd love to get a large number of these but have no way to play them with the whole "Region 2" problem. Is there a place you can purchase Japanese DVD players, also? Or region free?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

"Dr. Tenma" wrote:Aw, that looks adorable- love the slightly revamped Kimba design!

How are you non-Japan folks playing these? I'd love to get a large number of these but have no way to play them with the whole "Region 2" problem. Is there a place you can purchase Japanese DVD players, also? Or region free?
I watch on my PC & bypass the region codes with SLYSOFT's ANYDVD. I have never had any problem with region 2 discs using this software.

Dr. Tenma
Kokoro Robot

Postby Dr. Tenma » 14 years ago

Whoah- I had no clue such a thing existed! Thanks for the heads up! :D

I don't know how many times I've passed up a one of a kind deal on an extremely rare DVD just because of the region codes! Problem solved! :D Thanks dude, you rock!

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

This Kimba set looks like it rocks, though I don't think I'd enjoy it without English subs. Hopefully eventually though! (I know, I know, I might be able to deduce the action just by watching, but I can't ever bring myself to watch something like that!)

I can vouch for SlySoft's AnyDVD as working great to get past region codes. They also make another software product called CloneDVD that can work alongside AnyDVD (you do need both), and this allows you to make a copy of your disc (should be legal if you own it, though I'm not sure about the region code removal) that can play in any DVD player. Since I only watch things on my TV and not my computer usually, this is invaluable to me as I don't have to worry about modifying my DVD player and can enjoy any region disc; I just have to reburn it first using this combo!

Return to “General Discussion”