KIMBA THE wHITE LION

Off topic discussion.
ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 13 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote: :astro: - be nice! I :heart: everyone! So does Kimba (we share voice actors!)

Hi, AprilSeven,
I try to like everyone too, but did you read that so-called apology! I felt it was more a rebuke than an apology! That is why I responded the way I did! But I have no hard feelings! I just feel some people need to be reminded about good manners when responding to items on this site, especially when they ask for help!
I :heart: :astro: :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

:blush: ASTROBUDDY, I feel really bad about this, but it simply did not occur to me that your response was relevant, since I already knew of those appearances. I was a bit bothered by it because those images had been posted on this forum, though it was several years ago. :lol: :D :blush: I am really sorry for my block headed response! I am without excuse. :hyo: I well know that newer members may not know of those posts, but it must not have occurred to me at the time. I humbly request your forgiveness. :blush:

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Apology accepted! Continued regards for your book to be published, so I can be enlightened by your vast knowledge! Please also remember that you are not the only person who has been researching Astro Boy! I too have been researching Astro Boy now for over thirty years; just not on the internet! (Come to think of it since before there even was an internet! (For example I only learned of the "Astro Boy cameo" also several years ago from a response to a letter I sent and had published in the magazine, "Video Watchdog"! But I digress!) Again, if I can recall any episodes with the themes you mentioned I will carefully word my response to make sure it is really helpful! Anyway since you will soon have the complete series (if not already), I am sure you will enjoy watching one of Tezuka's other great anime! (especially if you have not seen it since you were a kid!) That's the great thing, I feel about Tezuka; that even if you are not a child, his work is still entertaining!
I :heart: :astro: :D
Last edited by ASTROBUDDY on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

:astro: - YAY!! I'm a happy camper!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

ASTROBUDDY, Yes, I received my ULTRA EDITION boxed set just yesterday, & finished disc 1, though I paid very little attention to it, because I just wanted to ensure that it works before anything else. I also watched the extras disc, on which was episode 1 in J w/ subs.

For anyone interested in buying a set, I recommend buying from TRSI via Amazon.com. Just look for seller named 'shawnek.' The thing was shipped in a very impressive box, literally a box inside another box, w/ several inches between them. A Cardboard frame that held the set right in the middle, with air pouches on the end. Most impressive for the low cost of shipping that Amazon allows. Amazon ships w/ cellophane over cardboard, but this was more like the packaging used for delicate electronic equipment. I have not checked TRSI's website for the prices there, but feel sure that it would be higher, + the shipping would also be more.

Anyway, I already had the Rhino set, & had thought that it used the TV broadcast sequence of episodes, only to learn otherwise.

About my questions, I think now that I have the set, I will ask more specific questions, & probably direct them to Craig Andersen, who owns kimbawlion.com, because he has the JLV set, & was himself a source for the booklet that accompanied the set. Yet, I might just make a few inquiries of others, whom I assume have only the English version.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

"jeffbert" wrote:ASTROBUDDY, Yes, I received my ULTRA EDITION boxed set just yesterday, & finished disc 1, though I paid very little attention to it, because I just wanted to ensure that it works before anything else. I also watched the extras disc, on which was episode 1 in J w/ subs.

For anyone interested in buying a set, I recommend buying from TRSI via Amazon.com. Just look for seller named 'shawnek.' The thing was shipped in a very impressive box, literally a box inside another box, w/ several inches between them. A Cardboard frame that held the set right in the middle, with air pouches on the end. Most impressive for the low cost of shipping that Amazon allows. Amazon ships w/ cellophane over cardboard, but this was more like the packaging used for delicate electronic equipment. I have not checked TRSI's website for the prices there, but feel sure that it would be higher, + the shipping would also be more.

Anyway, I already had the Rhino set, & had thought that it used the TV broadcast sequence of episodes, only to learn otherwise.

About my questions, I think now that I have the set, I will ask more specific questions, & probably direct them to Craig Andersen, who owns kimbawlion.com, because he has the JLV set, & was himself a source for the booklet that accompanied the set. Yet, I might just make a few inquiries of others, whom I assume have only the English version.

Good news and good luck!
I :heart: :astro: :)

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 13 years ago

Ran home from K-School every day to see Kimba on old WLVI-56 in Boston.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

Yeah - I watched Kimba on WNEW NYC. I liked the cartoon but was frustrated, because I recognized "Astro's voice" as well as the other voice actors from AB. Plus Kimba possess Astro's 'spirit' VERY MUCH -- I missed Astro, and watched Kimba as a "substitute."

I was also frustrated because Kimba was in color and Astro Boy was not. :-(
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 13 years ago

I love both KIMBA and sweet ASTRO BOY- HEARD THAT back in the mid 60's- at least in the afternoons that ASTRO BOY was as popular as LUCY- what happened?
AVATARGIRL:" I know what happened and it is kinda sad- oops answering my own question maybe ASTRO BOY IS right!"

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 7 years ago

Did anyone see this?
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Return to “General Discussion”