New members, please introduce yourselves here

Off topic discussion.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Re: New members, please introduce yourselves here

Postby jeffbert » 2 years ago

I know! I still remember my nieces as little kids, but they now have kids of their own. I just do not feel as old as I am.

Bluebell1995
Kokoro Robot

Postby Bluebell1995 » 2 years ago

jeffbert wrote:I know! I still remember my nieces as little kids, but they now have kids of their own. I just do not feel as old as I am.

I also have nieces and nephews by now, all of them being in the 0 to 5 age range. (Technically, they're the kids of my cousins, but to make things easier I just refer to all the kids as my nieces and nephews.) I haven't seen those kids for a while because I moved to a new city some time ago: I'm far away from my original hometown. It's odd, being an aunt. It's even weirder to think that the kids probably won't remember me. Looking back on the past, and comparing it to the present and future, can be a very odd feeling. Not exactly depressing, just... odd.

Bluebell1995
Kokoro Robot

Looks like there isn't a lot of activity on the forum these days...

I remember how back in 2014 there used to be loads and loads of people chatting here.

:)

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 2 years ago

A lot of the chatting has moved to discord. Only the old dinosaurs are remaining :-P
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Bluebell1995
Kokoro Robot

fafner wrote:A lot of the chatting has moved to discord. Only the old dinosaurs are remaining :-P

''Dinosaurs''? Oh, dear. Does that mean the oldest posts in this forum are on the level of ancient fossils now? Goodness, goodness...

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 2 years ago

Well, in a few months I will hit majority on this forum, and much more in real life. I guess that in the Internet world that qualifies me as a dinosaur :-P
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 2 years ago

Then Jeffbert and I are Limulus polyphemus.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Bluebell1995
Kokoro Robot

Tetsuwan Penguin wrote:Then Jeffbert and I are Limulus polyphemus.

And by 2030 every single one of us will be older still...

(Keep in mind: 2030 is when the 1980s Astro Boy series is set. In eight years, that time shall no longer be ''in the future''.)

Bluebell1995
Kokoro Robot

Countdown to 2022! Seven days left!

Tobietta
Kokoro Robot

Nice (A)TOMeet you! :)

Postby Tobietta » 1 year ago

Ciao!! I am happy to have found a site and a forum dedicated to my beloved AstroBoy! I live in Italy and, unfortunately, he is not a very popular character. I am very attached to the TV series of the 80s (obviously I have also read the comics) and, in this period, I am watching the 2003 series. I bought the box set with the episodes of the 2000 series in English because, in Italy, this series did not air. The same fate has struck for the most recent TV series (I know they are aimed at a childish audience, but loving the character I would have watched them anyway). In these days I started reading a splendid Italian book entitled "Anime - A guide to Japanese animation cinema from 1958 to 1969". Atom is on the cover and, even within the book, there is talk of him. I imagine you too, I collect gadgets dedicated to Astro even if, in Italy, it is difficult to find them. Even at the comic fairs, here with me, you can find little or nothing. Recently, at one of these fairs, I found a "fake" gold banknote with Atom printed on it for sale. The only thing there was about him. The rest, of course, I find it online, but I would like the character to be celebrated better. Have any of you visited "The Osamu Tezuka Manga Museum"? I hope to go there next year. I was in Japan a few years ago and, on that occasion, I visited the Ghibli Museum and the Fujiko F. Fujio Museum. Next time it will be the turn of the "God of manga" !! :) Thanks for your attention!! Go Astro Go !! :astro: :heart:
Attachments
Astro-Boy-1980-1981-Noboru-Ishiguro-dvd-04.jpg
Astro-Boy-1980-1981-Noboru-Ishiguro-dvd-04.jpg (138.67 KiB) Viewed 7073 times

Return to “General Discussion”