New members, please introduce yourselves here

Off topic discussion.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

New members, please introduce yourselves here

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

At the suggestion of one of our members, I have made this thread sticky. To our new members, please introduce yourselves. I am jeffbert, one of three moderators who are here to make sure all our members feel free to post comments or questions about ASTROBOY, other Tezuka characters or series, or just about anything, with the exception of spam, political content, personal photos & naughty things.

We hope you enjoy our forum. Please examine the forum rules and abide by them. The link is at the top of the page.

BTW, some of our current members should intro themselves, so no new ones must be 1st.
Last edited by jeffbert on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

Great idea Muffin-chan! :lol:

I'm Lisa, but others sometimes call me Acorn, マフィン, hey you, etc. I'm 21 and I'm known to crack a jokes...a lot. XD Mwaha!

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 13 years ago

Swell idea....
I'm Uran&Astro1980, I'm 12 (hey, the reversed numbers of Alittleacorns age! XD ). I'm funny, I guess, I don't know how to describe myself... :eek: I like writing fan fictions, drawing, watching anime and listen to music (sometimes in Japanese). I guess that's all...
Oh yeah, and I'm a girl. (Also, I'm a tomboy.)
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

Diamond Dragon
Kokoro Robot

Postby Diamond Dragon » 13 years ago

Hi! I'm Diamond Dragon, but You can call me Dia! I'm 13, And I LOVE the Astro Boy movie! (but I've never seen the cartoons) i love to role play, and I tend to get random and excited.
Manga fanatic~ :astro:

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

:3 Welcome to the forum Dia! Yay another hyper person on board! :lol:

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 13 years ago

Welcome. :d evil: Hope chu find this forum interesting (There are so many interesting people here. And I mean that in a good way. :D ) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D XD
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Welcome to the forums, Diamond Dragon; there is much on this forum to introduce you to ASTROBOY CARTOONS, but I have written reviews for the 1st season of the B&W (1963) series. This site is centered on the 1980s color version; let me know if you want the link for the B&W reviews.

Diamond Dragon
Kokoro Robot

Postby Diamond Dragon » 13 years ago

Thanks guys! :D
Manga fanatic~ :astro:

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

Greetings, I am new here, and go by the name of Dr. Jerk. I go by many other names, but you may also call me Karen.

I suppose I would be stating the obvious if I said that I'm a fan of Tetsuwan Atomu/Astro Boy and that I decided to join these forums. I'm actually still a fairly new fan however. I had watched the 2009 movie back when it came out, which really wasn't all that great in my opinion, but didn't fully become more interested in the Astro Boy series until around this time.

In addition to the movie, I have also watched the first couple of episodes of the 1960's version and the 1980's version, subtitles I should say. Personally I found the 60's version to be more enjoyable than the 80's version, which is still alright in its own right. I have yet to see the 2003 version, but I do intend to watch it whenever I get the chance. I had also ordered in the Astro Boy Volumes 1 & 2 compilation graphic novel of the original manga which has came in the mail, but I haven't read it as of yet.

You may be wondering about my username. I have a strange fascination with scientists, especially those of robotics. My name is actually supposed to reference Dr. Wily from the Mega Man franchise, whom I obsess over. However I've recently also been finding myself becoming obsessed over Professor Ochanomizu/Elefun and Tenma, especially dear old Elefun.

So, I hope you'll welcome me here despite being a fairly new fan. And before I forget, yes I have read the rules and understand them.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Welcome to the forums, Dr. Jerk. :lol: Please share your opinions on the different versions with us. We are quite happy when new people join, & we are also happy to answer questions.

Return to “General Discussion”