Who should I cosplay as?

Off topic discussion.
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Who should I cosplay as?

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

There's an anime club in our town that has been having events usually every every third month, and I always try to come up with someone interesting to dress as. April was Lisa Hayes from Robotech, and July was R Tanaka from Kyukyoku Choujin R. Now the next event is scheduled for late September or early October, and I can't decide between either of these three...

Ginrei of Giant Robo
PRO: She's cool and powerful, has a unique design, and could fit me pretty well
CON: Giant Robo hasn't been mainstream for at least six years, white dress is hard to find, and the conventions are usually 85% kids and 15% older fans who would know who Ginrei is

Skunk Kusai
PRO: I could easily get into character, items moderately easy to find, get silent honour of being the first Skunk cosplayer ever
CON: Con attendees laughing at his name, having to find blue face paint (depending on whether I choose 1980 or 2003 Skunk)

Lupin III
PRO: Lupin is the coolest guy ever, most people know who Lupin is, items would be really easy to find
CON: Where can I get that wig? And would all my hair fit under it?

So what do you guys think? I could dress as any of these guys and not regret doing so, but the only real factors are A) costume item availability, and B) public reaction. I still have over a month, so tell me what you think!
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 13 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:There's an anime club in our town that has been having events usually every every third month, and I always try to come up with someone interesting to dress as. April was Lisa Hayes from Robotech, and July was R Tanaka from Kyukyoku Choujin R. Now the next event is scheduled for late September or early October, and I can't decide between either of these three...

Ginrei of Giant Robo
PRO: She's cool and powerful, has a unique design, and could fit me pretty well
CON: Giant Robo hasn't been mainstream for at least six years, white dress is hard to find, and the conventions are usually 85% kids and 15% older fans who would know who Ginrei is

Skunk Kusai
PRO: I could easily get into character, items moderately easy to find, get silent honour of being the first Skunk cosplayer ever
CON: Con attendees laughing at his name, having to find blue face paint (depending on whether I choose 1980 or 2003 Skunk)

Lupin III
PRO: Lupin is the coolest guy ever, most people know who Lupin is, items would be really easy to find
CON: Where can I get that wig? And would all my hair fit under it?

So what do you guys think? I could dress as any of these guys and not regret doing so, but the only real factors are A) costume item availability, and B) public reaction. I still have over a month, so tell me what you think!

Oh definitely Ginrei of Giant Robo! :w00t:
And send me a picture! :lol:
Or post it!
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

ASTRO IN A TUTU!

Kidding, I think you should go as Ginrei. She was cool in that ova. Although if you wanted to go as a man then 100% Skunk! =3

But do consider the tutu...XD

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 13 years ago

Skunk Kusai! ^____^; I don't know who the other characters are.... XD
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Verdict stands at a tie of Ginrei-Skunk, and after checking the costume store, there's no wigs remotely resembling Lupin's hair. He's out of the running now (but still in consideration for a huge convention happening next year).

I almost want to draw Ginrei and SKunk in the style of one of those retro fighting game VS. screens... :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 13 years ago

hay go for it, that would be a cool pic
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

Skunk's costume seems more appropriate for cold weather, his ascot or scarf, trench coat, & hat pulled down over his eyes, etc. Ginrei's attire would be appropriate for warm weather or indoor activities. Plus the blue paint for the Skunk costume must be hypoallergenic or you could permanently disfigure your face. :p irate:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

I know -- do half as Skunk and half as Ginrei!

Seriously -- If you want to attract attention (i.e. flirt), go as Ginrei. But if you're in the mood for silly fun -- do Skunk!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

Skunk.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

"AprilSeven" wrote:I know -- do half as Skunk and half as Ginrei!

My uncle actually suggested something like that... :lol:

So, this afternoon I decided to drop by the thrift store I get my costume items from. My idea was to seek out a slim white dress, and if I could find one, I would go as Ginrei. If I couldn't, I'd go as Skunk. After a bit of searching, I found some white dresses, but they all had lace or bizarre embellishes on the front.

I'm going as Skunk, and that's final.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”