Has a film/book/fanfiction/anime/song ever made you cry?

Off topic discussion.
Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"The Tawashi Bus Hat" wrote:Also, I don't think there is ever a dry eye in the house whenever someone watches the first 10 minutes of The Land Before Time. Little Foot's mom dying is depressing as hell

I watched Land Before Time, the original one, all the time as a young kid and never did shed a tear or felt sad.

I probably still wouldn't even today.

atoms_gf
Robot President

Postby atoms_gf » 13 years ago

Acually, since this thread has come back into nownow, i might alwell say (:ninja :) that the episode 8 of Clannad made me teary! :ninja: :cry: :ninja:

InsaneAstroBoyLover
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby InsaneAstroBoyLover » 13 years ago

I dunno if someone posted this already, but I found my self in tears nearing the end of Metropolis.

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

"InsaneAstroBoyLover" wrote:I dunno if someone posted this already, but I found my self in tears nearing the end of Metropolis.

The Ray Charles song was sooo perfect! How can anyone NOT get teary-eyed?

InsaneAstroBoyLover
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby InsaneAstroBoyLover » 13 years ago

"Xenops" wrote:[QUOTE=InsaneAstroBoyLover;127413]I dunno if someone posted this already, but I found my self in tears nearing the end of Metropolis.

The Ray Charles song was sooo perfect! How can anyone NOT get teary-eyed?[/QUOTE]

I know right?

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 13 years ago

I started crying on the last Astro boy of all the series :cry: its just so sad that it has to end also the heart ending song makes me cry every time i hear it

wing area
Kokoro Robot

Postby wing area » 13 years ago

"The Tawashi Bus Hat" wrote:...oh, and during the endings of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, FFIX, and Ico.

Also, I don't think there is ever a dry eye in the house whenever someone watches the first 10 minutes of The Land Before Time. Little Foot's mom dying is depressing as hell - more depressing than Bambi's mom dying, IMPO.

@AmericanSailor - Toy Story 3 gets me choked up, too. (I could barely see the screen during that last 20 minutes lol)

We might be the same person, fyi.

I'm watching a new anime right now called AnoHana (short for Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai/We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day). Ahaha, long title.

Since I can't word it better myself, I'll just copy the summary from Wikipedia: A group of childhood friends drifts apart after one of them, Meiko "Menma" Honma, dies in an accident. Years later, the leader of the group, Jinta Yadomi, has become withdrawn and lives as a recluse. An older Meiko appears to him, and says that she must have a wish granted, though she does not know what it is.

Even though the characters are all in high school in the series, I think you have to be a little older than that to appreciate it in a way that makes you misty-eyed.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

"InsaneAstroBoyLover" wrote:I dunno if someone posted this already, but I found my self in tears nearing the end of Metropolis.

That was actually pretty sad. Its pretty hard to make me cry, though...

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"Xenops" wrote:[QUOTE=InsaneAstroBoyLover;127413]I dunno if someone posted this already, but I found my self in tears nearing the end of Metropolis.

The Ray Charles song was sooo perfect! How can anyone NOT get teary-eyed?[/QUOTE]

Some guy I was trying to become friends with once, said that it ruined the movie for him. He thought there should have been action-oriented music during that scene, and hated that they tried to make it into artsy crap. I don't see him anymore.

But I have to admit, I never did find this scene sad. The only time it made me cry was while watching it on repeat, I was moved by the artists who made the animation look so real, that I could imagine myself living in that world, with its beautiful Tezuka cartoon characters. That's what I call real magic, and why I love animation so much. As for Tima, I guess she just wasn't developed enough for me to care about what was about to happen. I know LOTS of people say they teared up at it though, and considering how much I love this movie, I'm just sort of jealous!
I'm on Twitter.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

Ah, Metropolis's ending...personally, the whole scene made me feel a bit sad, but I was focusing on all the little details the animators had put in. Plus, there's this one longshot where Tima just walks up to Kenichi and shoves him off the ledge, and it was so horribly comical that it broke the mood for me.

So a song can count for this, too...? Well, last year about this time, I had started to get into the music of Miki Matsubara. I found her because she sang the Gu-Gu-Ganmo opening and ending themes, and fell in love with her voice, but I hadn't known at the time that she sang the Ganmo theme as "Suzie Matsubara". Late one night, I did some research and finally got her real name, but also I found that she had died in 2004.

I was listening to her debut song Stay With Me. I just turned into putty.

Regardless, I started collecting her music, and even though I've gotten interested in a number of other people and shows recently, I always have a soft spot for Miki. But I just can't listen to Stay With Me, or I'll think about that night and bawl.
Last edited by Fauna on Fri May 13, 2011 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”