What really bugs you in a fandom?

Off topic discussion.
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 11 years ago

That's funny Fairlane, not only have I seen Astro Boy as a MLP character fanart.
Last edited by AprilSeven on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on Twitter.

Fairlane12
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fairlane12 » 11 years ago

aw crap,not Astro too! Ugggghhhh

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 11 years ago

that is well done but strange.

the weird crap that comes out when you mix fandoms.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

But he looks like a dinosaur, not a pony!! :confused:

Maybe there are dinosaurs in MLP - I was born too late to become a fan of that, but I LOOOVVVEEE horses, so I imagine I would have really gotten into it (probably not more than Astro though ;) )
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:That's funny Fairlane, not only have I seen Astro Boy as a MLP character fanart.
It's more lame than creepy, so it doesn't bother me.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 11 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:But he looks like a dinosaur, not a pony!! :confused:

Maybe there are dinosaurs in MLP - I was born too late to become a fan of that, but I LOOOVVVEEE horses, so I imagine I would have really gotten into it (probably not more than Astro though ;) )

It's Spike the Dragon dressed like him...as far as I know, he's a child dragon assigned by the queen horse to help out with a bunch of horse girls. The new series has griffons, sea serpents, dogs and zebras, I believe.

A recent dislike I've had with fandoms is stealing and editing fan art. Someone on Pixiv will make something beautiful, but then a Tumblr user will either edit the contrast, make it greyscale or make it twitch as a GIF, and then upload it with no source to the original image. Then maybe thousands of people will reblog it, maybe even steal the picture and reupload it to their own blog again, all while the Japanese artist has no idea people are doing this to their art. Usually this leads to people deleting their sites or accounts over there.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 11 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:A recent dislike I've had with fandoms is stealing and editing fan art. Someone on Pixiv will make something beautiful, but then a Tumblr user will either edit the contrast, make it greyscale or make it twitch as a GIF, and then upload it with no source to the original image. Then maybe thousands of people will reblog it, maybe even steal the picture and reupload it to their own blog again, all while the Japanese artist has no idea people are doing this to their art. Usually this leads to people deleting their sites or accounts over there.

I agree with this one. I've seen the same thing with a lot of Deviantart users. I remember seeing a Deviantart image on a users site and later finding it on Pixiv by the original artist, and no connection to the original artist was made by the Deviantart user. Also, I've noticed that a lot of them over there on Deviantart trace official artwork and call it their own. It reeks of laziness.

Deep_Freeze
Metro City Citizen

Postby Deep_Freeze » 11 years ago

The whole concept of rfandom is not appealing to me.
I have nothing to say!

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

Worthy of a bump.
Anyone who has any doubts about the Super Smash Bros. fan base not being horrible should take a look at this thread and never look back. I was in this thread defending against horrible arguments and things will get worse.

Smashboards, NeoGAF, IGN and to a lesser extent, other places, will turn into GameFAQs once E3 roll around.

Bottom line, for those wanting to get involved into Smash 4 discussion and have any doubts should stay away.

If Mega Man is revealed at E3 this year (my most wanted character), I am seriously considering packing up my bags and leaving and I will not have nice things to say about the video game fandom.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 11 years ago

... I saw a pink Astro-Kitty. <3

I honestly don't see the problem with furries. Like it has been said, there are levels. I would /totally/ walk around a mall in a fursuit, but I'm not overly interested in making "OCs"; rather, I would prefer it to be pertinent to my personal interests/fandoms (like a Remlit from Skyward Sword), and I wouldn't neccesarily want people to know just who was in there. I probably wouldn't talk about it much, either, unless I really loved the costume, and especially if it was one I had made myself. I suppose that I am, on some level, a furry (one could easily gather that notion from my username); just not one like... certain others.
lolwut

Return to “General Discussion”