What's YOUR favorite meme?

Off topic discussion.

Which meme do you like the most?

Fred Figglehorn, Annoying Orange type videos
15%
Weegee (or other Youtube Poop related stuff)
23%
Caramelldasen, Loituma Girl, or anime related stuff
23%
other
38%

Total votes: 13

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

What's YOUR favorite meme?

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

Hey I was just curious to ask what's your favorite thing to see off the internet. I like The Annoying Orange, Fred Figglehorn, Caramelldansen, Loituma Girl, Peanut Butter Jelly Time, Charlie the Unicorn, and Weegee!
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

DJaxs312
Metro City Citizen

Did you know?

Postby DJaxs312 » 13 years ago

Did you know Hatsune Miku is a meme?

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

"DJaxs312" wrote:Did you know Hatsune Miku is a meme?

Duh! :d oh: I almost forgot. She is also one of my favorite memes.
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

I have a weird affinity for stuff like "feels good, man" and "cool story bro", but my secret favourite is "____, ____ everywhere". Like, if something bad or weird seems to be everywhere, you use that, i.e. "bears, bears everywhere" or something. I drew my own Giant Robo-themed version that you can actually see on Know Your Meme's listing of the page...

ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

AprilSeven
Silent Song

I needa meme education!!

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

:unsure :P lease don't through rotten eggs at me or anything . . . but what IS a meme? (and how is it pronounced: meemee or mehmee or ....?)

I know Dragonrider has posted some on that "know your meme" site, but I don't get it . . . are they supposed to move? For some reason I thought they were a short animation with catchy/funny slogans that repeat over and over.

But so far, I've yet to see one move (maybe I'm doing something wrong??). I wanna join the meme party too!!! :w00t:

Thank you!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

"AprilSeven" wrote::unsure :P lease don't through rotten eggs at me or anything . . . but what IS a meme? (and how is it pronounced: meemee or mehmee or ....?)

I know Dragonrider has posted some on that "know your meme" site, but I don't get it . . . are they supposed to move? For some reason I thought they were a short animation with catchy/funny slogans that repeat over and over.

But so far, I've yet to see one move (maybe I'm doing something wrong??). I wanna join the meme party too!!! :w00t:

Thank you!

A meme is a popular video or quote or person on the internet, and it rhymes with cream. Don't get embarrased. Kids at my school never heard of that word either.

wing area
Kokoro Robot

Postby wing area » 13 years ago

Apologies in advance for the ridiculous length of this post.

"AprilSeven" wrote:. . . but what IS a meme?

At its most basic level, a meme is a cultural concept that spreads from one person to another, to another, etc. through imitation. For example, language is a meme. We don't need to know the origin of the English language in order to understand it as it is now. Over time, the language mutated (as a result of all of the imitation).

Think of all of the slang/expressions you know--many of us mention the "dog days of summer" and know what it means but how many of us know that it originated from the (erroneous) belief that the "dog star", Sirius, is responsible for hot weather in the summer? Nevertheless, we use it and, as a culture, understand it.

The memes that we are discussing now are a subdivision called "Internet memes." Internet memes come in a variety of forms, from quotes, to text (like "LOL" and other Internet slang), to pictures, to animated gifs, to videos, etc. I think the Wikipedia article on Internet memes does a good job explaining them.

Think of an Internet meme as a inside joke that originates on the Internet. It starts with a few people being "in on it" and quickly spreads all around the web.

And... I feel like I have more to explain but I don't really know how.

But anyway, to answer the topic's question...

Currently I am digging all of the memes making fun of Inception :lol:

Also, advice animals! Unfortunately I relate to Socially Awkward Penguin the most:

Image Image Image Image Image

"Fauna" wrote:I have a weird affinity for stuff like "feels good, man" and "cool story bro", but my secret favourite is "____, ____ everywhere".

I also enjoy all of those as well~ (Although "cool story bro" became unfunny after a friend said it after every sentence...)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

I'm glad you explained, because I did not know what it was either. I decided it probably was something else a while ago and I was very, very far! :lol:

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

I thought a meme was one of those deviantart things where you draw 'what's yoru favourite/least character, pairing, etc etc'

In that case...I have NO idea! :lol: I like lots of random stuff I can't decide on one.

Edit: Although...I do love the Matchingmaking spoofs with Halo, they crack me up.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Return to “General Discussion”