Paid almost 90 Euro's for Phoenix Volume 1

Off topic discussion.
Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

Why does the first copy cost so much? I looked on Amazon, and it was about 300 bucks!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!?
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"Anime Girl 16" wrote:Why does the first copy cost so much? I looked on Amazon, and it was about 300 bucks!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!?

Supply and demand.
I'm on Twitter.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

Because it's been out of print for awhile now, and finding copies are rare. That's why it, along with volume 4, is so overpriced nowadays.

And don't count on finding any cheap copies. Because the moment one person sees a cheap copy, they'll get it immediately.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:Because it's been out of print for awhile now, and finding copies are rare. That's why it, along with volume 4, is so overpriced nowadays.

And don't count on finding any cheap copies. Because the moment one person sees a cheap copy, they'll get it immediately.

There's only one thing to do, have my mom win the lottery!
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:Because it's been out of print for awhile now, and finding copies are rare. That's why it, along with volume 4, is so overpriced nowadays.

I did manage to get Crime and Punishment from kodansha printed in 1992 eng/jap release !!! for about 15 bugs so this really annoys me people in Japan realy don't know for how much they could sell that manga on ebay.com but unfortunately they know about the english phoenix manga that goes for 50,000 yen on Amazon Japan.

Maybe i should pick up a view of those and sell them on ebay so i can fund a even more expensive phoenix volume 1 :eek: i already have the other 11 so it really pisses me of.
Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:[QUOTE=Dr. Jerk;126499]Because it's been out of print for awhile now, and finding copies are rare. That's why it, along with volume 4, is so overpriced nowadays.

I did manage to get Crime and Punishment from kodansha printed in 1992 eng/jap release !!! for about 15 bugs so this really annoys me people in Japan realy don't know for how much they could sell that manga on ebay.com but unfortunately they know about the english phoenix manga that goes for 50,000 yen on Amazon Japan.

Maybe i should pick up a view of those and sell them on ebay so i can fund a even more expensive phoenix volume 1 :eek: i already have the other 11 so it really pisses me of.[/QUOTE]

...I'm sorry but, I hardly understood what you were trying to say.

Expensive copies CAN and WILL appear in Japanese auction sites. You were merely just lucky in finding a cheaper copy.

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:[QUOTE=Tetsuwan Atom;126507][QUOTE=Dr. Jerk;126499]Because it's been out of print for awhile now, and finding copies are rare. That's why it, along with volume 4, is so overpriced nowadays.

Maybe i should pick up a view of those and sell them on ebay so i can fund a even more expensive phoenix volume 1 :eek: i already have the other 11 so it really pisses me of.[/QUOTE]

...I'm sorry but, I hardly understood what you were trying to say.

Expensive copies CAN and WILL appear in Japanese auction sites. You were merely just lucky in finding a cheaper copy.[/QUOTE]i where trying to say that a manga from the 90's is still easy to get while one from 2003 is on the lose i know you can't compare the situation TokioPop and VIZ are just those kind of company's that just throw out what doesn't sell or has a lack of a massive audience.
Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

I'm sorry for the dubble post but i'm verry pleased i finaly did recieve my Phoenix volume 1 much to late but whatever cuess i'm going to read it today and probleply go as a rocket though all the 12 volumes now
no searching for it anymore for me i'm so happy that is out of the way.

O and i also orded the verry rare Japanese version of Tezuka's ancestor Dr Royan the French version din't seem to be anywhere but even thoug it's going to be a hardship to translate it it's printed in the 70's or so i will get verry rare books with verry obsecure covers.
Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General Discussion”