What are your favorite characters?

Off topic discussion.
Ghost
Banned

What are your favorite characters?

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

Now this is something that I wanted to share, and I wanted to ask all of you the same question:

What are your favorite Characters?

Now this could to apply to anyone and I'm sure everyone has that one character that they just cannot live without. This could be a character from a book, TV show, anime, video game, movie, etc.

Just tell everyone something about the character, what series they are from, and why you like the character.

I'll give some examples by giving two of my favorite characters. The first one is going to be everyone's favorite.

Astro Boy

I'm pretty sure everyone here is well aware of this character. The main reason why I like this character is because I admire him for having a positive outlook on things regardless of how bad things may seem. Astro is a boy robot who was disowned by the closest thing that he had as a parent and is in a way a pawn. But he still fights for what he believes in and doesn't sit around feeling sorry for himself, even though that is what most people in that situation would do. Astro is too much of a lovable character in my eyes. I think that it is hard for someone to watch the series and not become attached to him. After watching episodes, getting to know him, he does kinda grow on you. Astro Boy I think is a great role model for kids and it is a shame that there isn't a whole lot of characters today in cartoons that are like him.

Now let's move on to a NON Astro Boy related character

Kratos from the God of War series

Kratos is probably one of my favorite video game characters of all time. I will admit, I am a pretty big fanboy of the God of War series and I think it is one of the best franchises on the PlayStation. If you do own a PS3, I do recommend giving this game a look, however I do not recommend children playing this. Reason being that it is probably one of the most violent video games you will ever see.

Throughout the entire series Kratos has been and always is a pawn. A tool used by someone, mostly the gods. Kratos lives in the world of Greek Mythology.

Before the events of the first game, he was a spartan commander who never longed for battle and his army won many battles. During one battle his team was nearly killed. Kratos prayed to greek God of War Ares to defeat his enemies and he would pledge his life to him. Ares did so in giving him his trademark dual blades which were tied to chains. He then became drunk with the power given to him and his army invaded a city, eventually burning it to the ground. Kratos was then tricked by Ares into murdering his wife and child with the power that was given to him.

After Kratos killed his family, he was then cursed with nightmares of his terrible deed, and the ashed of his wife and child were bleached into his skin never to be removed. This turned his skin ash white and then he was forever known as "The Ghost of Sparta."

So throughout the series the theme is "revenge" and it is a long epic tale of battle, rage, and vengeance. It also has some of the best boss fights I think I've seen in a game. I give props to Kratos because he is a scarred man turned into a brutal warrior and is the biggest "badass" that I have ever seen.

Definitely my personal favorite video game character and is also going to be in the next Mortal Kombat video game, exclusive to PS3 owners.

If you need to know more, then look at this.

So here is my question to all of you:

What are your favorite characters other than Astro Boy?

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 13 years ago

I would have to say Astro for the same reasons as you. he makes me want to give him a million kisses on the head that cute little optimistic baby :D

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

"Gotta Love ASTRO BOY" wrote:I would have to say Astro for the same reasons as you. he makes me want to give him a million kisses on the head that cute little optimistic baby :D

Well, are there any other characters that you like other than Astro?

InsaneAstroBoyLover
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby InsaneAstroBoyLover » 13 years ago

Ponyboy Curtis!
Not from the movie, but from the original book. I love the outsiders.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

Ooh! I love these kinds of threads! I can really only think of one character right now, but I might make a second entry as soon as I can think of who else I like (if that's all right, of course):

Professor Go Gakujin

In Giant Robo, Go is the lead scientist at Interpol's Beijing base, as well as the surrogate father to his late mentor's daughter Ginrei. He's deeply respected by the base agents, and reputed for being a genius tactician, but he tends to be a crybaby in certain situations. I kind of relate to him in that way, since I always try to get things done as well as I can, but can be over-emotional in tense moments.

(I always keep him as my avatar here, since having him around actually tends to help me keep my cool, as weird as that sounds.)
Last edited by Fauna on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

I have too many favorite characters to list them all.

I will say that one of my favorites includes Dan Hibiki from Street Fighter.

What can I say? I adore losers and can easily relate to them. =P In fact, I'd probably say that most of my favorites tend to be losers at something.

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 13 years ago

Gregory House:

Crazy sense of humour, smart, blatant to almost a fault, very confident, fears a life of exile and yet not afraid to be alone.

Pardon my run-on sentence.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

I have a few

Orihime from Bleach - She's so funny sometimes. I'm alot like her sometimes, except (thankfully) I'm a much better cook than she is. LOL

Wilber from Charlette's Web - He is so cute! Charlette's Web is one of my favorite books/movies.

Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors - Best giant plant monster ever! :D
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 13 years ago

Oh sorry didnt see the last part then i would pick Ang from Avatar the last airbender because hes kind,couragous, funny, loving, and resoncabole in excepting his resoncablitlity to save the world from the fire clan because he is the only one that can bend all fouur elements while most can only bend one if any. he also loses every thing in his home clan the airbenders. hes very optimistic and wont give up (well he aslo got the love of his life to keep him going when times get rough) he kind reminds me of astro now that i write this about him.
Last edited by Gotta Love ASTRO BOY on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pelida77
Kokoro Robot

Postby pelida77 » 13 years ago

I want to be part of this one, while i wait for my Astro episode on the tube.

- From a TV Show (i agree with Novacain): House. He's a bitter genius, a drug addict, certainly a prick, and he pushes away all the people that cares for him; his ethical values are kind of weird (and maybe false), but logical in a way, and he stands for the things he beleives in (and is capable of doing anything in order to preserve life). Plus he's Sexy :)

- From Manga: Lum and Ataru Moroboshi. They are really funny. Lum it's a very sweet girl, but when she feels jealousy, can intanstly switch into a psycho deamon (i think its a very acurate image of a jealous Woman) and Ataru it's a lovely chauvinist pig (i don't know how to say chauvinist in english, sexyst?).

- From Anime: Liutenant Motoko Kusanagi. But only in the 1st M Oshii film. You are able to feel her anguish and sadness throughout the film; but she remains to be a very powerfull woman.

Return to “General Discussion”