Anybody here watch Kenichi?

Off topic discussion.
Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Anybody here watch Kenichi?

Postby Laughing Dragon » 13 years ago

I've just discovered this anime series (full title: "Kenichi, The Mightiest Disciple") and to my surprise I love it. It's one of the funniest animes I've ever seen (and given the oddball Japanese sense of humor - oddball to a Yank like me, anyway - that's saying something) and its central character, Kenichi, is a hilarious and lovable hero. He's sort of the anti-Naruto - he has no natural talent for martial arts whatsoever, he complains and whines a lot about his training, and he has no aspirations about becoming great. He just wants to do martial arts so he can protect the people he cares about, and that's it. The American voice artist who dubs for Kenichi, Josh Grelle, is terrific at conveying Kenichi's angst. And the supporting characters are pretty good too, even Kenichi's love interest, a big-boobed blond named Miu. She's not just a target for panty shots, she has real personality and she's really likable.

The only drawback is that there's only 2 season of Kenichi anime, although the Kenichi manga is still going strong. I hope we'll get at least one more season. Anyway, I highly recommend this anime. It's awesome.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

I've never watched it, but now I wanna watch it! LOL!
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Return to “General Discussion”