Hooray. The forum's back :D

Off topic discussion.
MightyAstro
Robot President

Hooray. The forum's back :D

Postby MightyAstro » 12 years ago

I wondered what was going on the last couple of days. I was beginning to think I'd need to find out whether I would have to make some adjustment on my computer to be able to access AB Online again.

InsaneAstroBoyLover
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby InsaneAstroBoyLover » 12 years ago

OH THANK GOD. It wasn't only me :lol:

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 12 years ago

I am so glad it's back up. I thought it was my computer at first. I've been having problems with my email also.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 12 years ago

I at first thought the website was experiencing problems (why am I the only one who has never doubted my computer :lol :) then I searched the meaning of "deprecated" and thought maybe the forum was being upgraded.

Strangely, only the forum was effected. The wiki and the trivia pages and stuff like that were still accessible (spelling mistake).

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

"Androids101" wrote:Strangely, only the forum was effected. The wiki and the trivia pages and stuff like that were still accessible (spelling mistake).

The wiki also uses PHP, but it probably didn't use anything that was a problem with the version the host of astroboy-online upgraded the forum with. The trivia must use very basic PHP (if it uses PHP at all).

It only takes one little thing somewhere to make the whole forum go down. There is so much code behind a forum like this!

For your information, to my knowledge, the last time we went down was back in September 2006, and it wasn't very long. That's very good, especially considering this isn't a site with a ton of staff behind it. :cool:

AstroRex
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroRex » 12 years ago

Well, I'm glad it got fixed! I can certainly relate because I owned a forum of my own, which was also run by vbulletin, and it went down after I applied a patch which I had received from them. I had to ask a buddy of mine from Australia to re-install the entire forum code for me in order to fix the darn thing because I just couldn't get it to work. Strangely enough, I received errors very similar to the ones we've been seeing on this forum during the past few days, so I'm quite familiar with them. My forum also got attacked by spam every single day, until I just got sick and tired of removing these unwanted posts and I just ended up taking the whole thing down. I must admit that I was very disappointed with the level of support that I had received from vbulletin, which is why I abandoned my forum altogether. I hope you have more luck with the AstroBoy forum.
[sigpic][/sigpic]I was MADE ready!

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 12 years ago

:w00t: YAY I'M SSOOOO HAPPY THATS ITS BACK ON! I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO TAKE ONE MORE DAY *HUGS EVERYONE ON THE FORUM* :w00t:

I-Am-Atom's-Sister
Robot President

Postby I-Am-Atom's-Sister » 12 years ago

I was SO scared when I went here and it was all like 'randomtextrandomtextlinksthatdon'tworkrandomtextrandomtext'
I was like
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I MUST SEE MY FRIENDS AGAIN :cry:
Clothed Astro = cute little robot kid;
Naked Astro= Big damn hero.
~Shirubie

I :heart: :astro:

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 12 years ago

when I migreated all my home hosted sites to a new server (my old laptop), some of the testing sites that are only accessable from inside my network broke because of the php upgrade from mandriva 2009.1 linux shiped version of php to the one shiped with ubuntu 11.04 server.

I had to change a line in php.ini files in the server, there was 3 files that I had to change to make sure that all the diferant php implimantations will work, there is 6 to choose from in ispconfig3 lol

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_NOTICE &~E_WARNING
that is what I changed to make the site work (nbbs1 forum system that i was playing with), the darn thing is so old that even after that config change the hole site didn't work right.

I don't know if mark can change these settings on the server astroboy-online is on, I think it is shared hosting, it looks like he upgraded the forum software.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

I MISSSED MY FRIENDS SOOOOOOO MUCH I MISSED EVERYONE!!! IM SO GLAD IT'S WORKING AGAIN!!!! YAY *HUZS EVERYONE* :D
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

Return to “General Discussion”