Australian television SUCKS!!

Off topic discussion.
Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Australian television SUCKS!!

Postby Androids101 » 12 years ago

Cause everyone else are doing threads like these...

We don't get any anime (yeah...Astro Boy), almost no new shows (we just re-run shows from around 2005...over and over again). Now I've just found out that our only sport channel has cancelled part of its sport scheldule so now...we don't get any basketball at all!

And did I say that we hardly get any new shows? :angry:

We're currently thinking of watching American channels over the net (I'm not even sure if it even works) and other alternatives.

So for those who complain that American TV is bad...Australian TV is much, much worse.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 12 years ago

"Androids101" wrote:Cause everyone else are doing threads like these...

We don't get any anime (yeah...Astro Boy), almost no new shows (we just re-run shows from around 2005...over and over again). Now I've just found out that our only sport channel has cancelled part of its sport scheldule so now...we don't get any basketball at all!

We're currently thinking of watching American channels over the net (I'm not even sure if it even works) and other alternatives.

So for those who complain that American TV is bad...Australian TV is much, much worse.

I can imagine how much that has to suck. I've heard of many annoying restrictions in Austrailia that my friends and Austrailian friends have told me about.

I think if you try to watch American channels over the net, there might be restrictions for some countries and if there happens to be one over there in Austrailia, then you can try to hide your ip address. This video might help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez7GXu6NDkY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Now this video shows how to hide your ip for your iPod and maybe other mobile devices, but if you get a VPN on your computer you might be able enter the same information and (if it works right) it makes your ip address shown in San Diego, California.

I'm sorry that you have to put up with those restrictions and I hope what I have said will help. Good luck ;)
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 12 years ago

I'm sorry about that. That really does suck. And for the record I never really complain about the new television shows in America, with the exception of shows like Problem Solverz, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, Robot Chicken, and South Park, which are cartoons I hate.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

NZ shares some of Australia's channels, so I already know how those channels are. I can't imagine what other channels are like there in Australia.

I like Adventure Time and watch it on Australian Cartoon Network now and then. But I hear it's got ridiculous censors and edits, some of which didn't need to be edited or cut out at all. I hope Generator Rex doesn't have edits or cuts like this too.

I don't think everything on Australian TV is bad, but it would be nice if they handled shows at least a little differently. (More shows from anywhere else, not cutting up a PG series, etc).

edit: I just remembered I visited Australia a few years ago, and from what I can recall, there was never anything interesting on TV for me. I wonder if I was simply picking the wrong times, or if it was really that uninteresting. Surely there must have been something.
Last edited by Satus on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Astroboy599
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Astroboy599 » 12 years ago

"Anime Girl 16" wrote:I'm sorry about that. That really does suck. And for the record I never really complain about the new television shows in America, with the exception of shows like Problem Solverz, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, Robot Chicken, and South Park, which are cartoons I hate.

Problem Solverz and Secret Mountain Fort Awesome......... I can't even describe how much I HATE THESE TWO SHOWS!!!!!!!!
Astro: "Dr. O'shay....... Do I have to do my homework?" O'shay: "yes Astro, you must do your homework" Astro: "darn it!"

鉄腕アトムのルール :astro:
My youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/Aang599?feature=mhee

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 12 years ago

Well you would think Madman would broadcast some anime on tv i really thought they did well that sucks they could just take some out there catalog you would think.

Well at least your not the only one as i have sad many times my local (Dutch) TV sucks even more there are about a view shows i watch some times and just the regular new holywood movies and that's it the rest is unwatchble no Anime no (old) SCi-Fi movies or just any stuff like that.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

WARNING: ANOTHER DRAMA QUEEN FREAK OUT!

Postby Anime Girl » 12 years ago

"Astroboy599" wrote:[QUOTE=Anime Girl 16;189288]I'm sorry about that. That really does suck. And for the record I never really complain about the new television shows in America, with the exception of shows like Problem Solverz, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, Robot Chicken, and South Park, which are cartoons I hate.

Problem Solverz and Secret Mountain Fort Awesome......... I can't even describe how much I HATE THESE TWO SHOWS!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

SEE? EXACTLY MY POINT! Thank you! I hope they get canceled. They're poisoning Cartoon Network's ratings! They look more suited for [adult swim]. I swear with shows like Problem Solverz, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, and Regular Show (not that it sucks, it actually kicks butt, but I'm surprised at all the innuendos and bad words they got away with without getting pulled off the air), Cartoon Network is slowly becoming [adult swim].
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Bigdog
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bigdog » 12 years ago

"Androids101" wrote:Cause everyone else are doing threads like these...

IT does suck. you'd figure Madman would have their own channel. Then again, Australia banned Power Rangers, so that speaks to how lame they are.

No anime , no nothing. That blows.

Anime Girl 16, I agree. IT is [adult swim jr].

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 12 years ago

I feel your pain buddy, I really do. English shows aren't that much better, I hardly watch it anymore except for a few and often those are overseas.

If there's one show I really love watching it's Harry Hill TV Burp and that's because he makes fun of the bad shows :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”