Where can I watch Astro Boy 2003 episodes subbed?

Off topic discussion.
I-Am-Atom's-Sister
Robot President

Where can I watch Astro Boy 2003 episodes subbed?

Postby I-Am-Atom's-Sister » 12 years ago

I've checked a lot of websites, but I can only find it dubbed. Do you know where/if I can watch the 2003 series online subbed somewhere?
Clothed Astro = cute little robot kid;
Naked Astro= Big damn hero.
~Shirubie

I :heart: :astro:

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

No place to watch it subbed legally unfortunately. I know where to get half of it on DVD from Korea. For the rest it's recommended to play the Japanese DVDs in a computer and load subtitle files over the video using MPC. (I can email those to anyone who wants them. They're text files with the timing necessary for the media player to know when to display each line.)

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 12 years ago

Likely there's a version out there somewhere, but you'd really, reaaaally have to search. The lack of subtitles is what's kind of held me back getting the Japanese version of the anime for now, that and it costs so much to import one dvd for a series built up in a large batch. Knowing my luck i'd buy them and year later TezukaProductions releases a english redub x__x

F-Man i'm curious, you know the Japanese language? Is it hard to learn? o.o

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Alittleacorn" wrote:F-Man i'm curious, you know the Japanese language? Is it hard to learn? o.o

Haha, people often think I do but in truth I just create and time subs based on some sources. I just really love Tezuka anime and do my best so that I can watch it in the best way possible! For the second half of AB'03 I had sgupta (wonder why he disappeared?) extract the subtitles from his bootlegs and send them to me a while ago. Then it's just a matter of doing some resynching so the files match the JP DVDs.

But to be honest I don't even have this series yet, or any other Astro Boy TV anime. I am so so hoping for a Blu-ray release to come soon. v_v;

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 12 years ago

Ooooh no fair T.T

*____* Blu-ray releases on the animes, I would love that so much. With bonus material!

I-Am-Atom's-Sister
Robot President

Postby I-Am-Atom's-Sister » 12 years ago

Lol. I'll check out where I can order 'em.
I still remember the guy who uploaded the entire 03 series subbed on youtube... Wingedmushroomofdoom. Ah yes. He provided life for me for about a year, till some jerk called copyright. o3o
Clothed Astro = cute little robot kid;
Naked Astro= Big damn hero.
~Shirubie

I :heart: :astro:

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

For the Korean volumes (with GOOD subtitles), you can find some of them here.
I'm also selling the first 3 volumes brand new for $100. That's what they cost, they're pretty rare. >.>

Gamergail
Kokoro Robot

Postby Gamergail » 8 years ago

The episodes I watchers were all on ( ... ) however the site is not very kind to mobile viewers so I'd advise to use a laptop or computer :heart:
Last edited by Earthshine on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: took out streaming link

Gamergail
Kokoro Robot

Postby Gamergail » 8 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:
Haha, people often think I do but in truth I just create and time subs based on some sources. I just really love Tezuka anime and do my best so that I can watch it in the best way possible! For the second half of AB'03 I had sgupta (wonder why he disappeared?) extract the subtitles from his bootlegs and send them to me a while ago. Then it's just a matter of doing some resynching so the files match the JP DVDs.

But to be honest I don't even have this series yet, or any other Astro Boy TV anime. I am so so hoping for a Blu-ray release to come soon. v_v;

Honestly, and I'm not trying to offend you, just speaking my mind, people who don't speak Japanese fluently should not sub stuff I don't speak it fluently but I studied it and understand a little and I find that people who don't understand Japanese tend to make more mistakes when translating then people who do understanding it and that is annoying to me :heart:

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 8 years ago

"Gamergail" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;189291]

Honestly, and I'm not trying to offend you, just speaking my mind, people who don't speak Japanese fluently should not sub stuff I don't speak it fluently but I studied it and understand a little and I find that people who don't understand Japanese tend to make more mistakes when translating then people who do understanding it and that is annoying to me :heart: [/QUOTE]
Like I said, I just timed existing subs. No translating from me.
I'm on Twitter.

Return to “General Discussion”