What are you hoping for in 2012?

Off topic discussion.
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

I'll add a small wish: not to catch any cold or the flu this winter. I know this is probably a lot to ask for since I can't remember when that didn't happen, and it may not seem like a very important wish, but it always takes me a long time to heal and I could really do without that. :shifty:

"Ataru Moroboshi" wrote:The Canadiens? My fab NHL team are the Pittsburgh Penguins (I had a very nice teacher who is from Pittsburgh; American father, Catalan mother). However, I must say that with Catalonia and Québec sharing many political and cultural ideas, the Canadiens ar my second NHL fav team.

:w00t:

You seem to know quite a lot about Québec, and hockey! :cool: Do you manage to watch hockey once in a while?

Then let's hope that Sydney Crosby (best player of the Pinguins as well as the NHL) returns to health.

"jeffbert" wrote:I hope to be ready to submit my book to publishers. :lol:

That would be cool! :D

"AprilSeven" wrote:Hope to better organize/balance my life for more effective use of time and would like to get back to learning my violin and work on either French (so many folks here speak it) or Japanese (that's a big reach, but you never know!).

Oh cool, I'm not the only one who wants to learn a language! :D I'll be happy to practise French with you if you go back to it.

I'd like to go back to my piano lessons one day, I can't play anything anymore (not that I've ever made it very far), but if only there were 26 or 27 hours in a single day... :( At this rate, I will only start playing again when I'll retire. :cry:

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 12 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:I'd like to go back to my piano lessons one day, I can't play anything anymore (not that I've ever made it very far), but if only there were 26 or 27 hours in a single day... :( At this rate, I will only start playing again when I'll retire. :cry:

You also played piano? I did too. :D But I stopped a year ago because I lost access to the piano. :( Hopefully I can practice again this year. :)

Now that I think more, I'd like to try something new this year. Maybe Tai chi, since several years ago I used to practice Taekwondo (although I was very bad/poor at it).

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 12 years ago

I've never even had a piano, only a good full size keyboard. It's less expensive and easier to move than a piano, but of course, it's not quite the same. I did love to be able to use a headset. :D I guess if I should start again, I would need to wish for another teacher; I gave up because of lack of time, but I don't think the way he was teaching suited me at all anyway. :confused:

"Satus" wrote:Now that I think more, I'd like to try something new this year. Maybe Tai chi, since several years ago I used to practice Taekwondo (although I was very bad/poor at it).

I often find myself wishing I had tried things I was *not* good at when I was younger, so that now I'd be better. :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

I think the hard part is knowing when I have enough content to start assembling the 1st draft(?) & begin indexing, & such.

Solarcat20
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Solarcat20 » 12 years ago

to be rich, better world, etc.

Astroboy599
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Astroboy599 » 12 years ago

I wish I can spend more time with my little 3 year old sister
Astro: "Dr. O'shay....... Do I have to do my homework?" O'shay: "yes Astro, you must do your homework" Astro: "darn it!"

鉄腕アトムのルール :astro:
My youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/Aang599?feature=mhee

Prettywitchiusaka
Robot President

Postby Prettywitchiusaka » 12 years ago

Hmm, what am I expecting from 2012? Well, let's see.

I'm hoping;

. To write more fanfiction, as well as expand on my own work
. To do well in my classes
. To hang out withf riends
. To get into a summer writing course, and even storyboarding course
. To potentially hear that Rainbow Parakeet will be translated and released

And last, but certainly not least

.To see the death of the SOPA/PIPA bills, and to see Lamarr Smith being kicked out of office

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 12 years ago

I'm hoping that I'll be able to fix the problem that I have with eating, and that the economy will be fixed either this year or by 2013. (Actually anytime soon for that matter.)
Last edited by AprilSeven on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removal of prohibited content

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 12 years ago

The only thing I hope for in 2012 is to do well this semester. I have quite a few credit hours this semester and I think this semester will probably be my hardest so far. Hopefully I'll come out of it relatively unscathed. :lol:

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 12 years ago

@Shiyonasan
Ah, I should hope for that as well. My 2nd semester is starting soon. Right after my birthday I have Finals for 1st semester. I got so behind in my World History class. Need to not fail like I did this semester 0_0
Last edited by Ghost on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Forgot to address this to the person I'm replying to.

Return to “General Discussion”