What was the last thing you bought?

Off topic discussion.
Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 11 years ago

Just bought the European Limited Edition of the game One Piece Pirate Warriors (PS3)

and Midnight Volume 2 (from Osamu Tezuka in French) at a Swiss website they claim to have it in stock but seeing how rare it is i'm not sure if i will get it from them.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

I just bought two sets of KAPPA COMICS reprints of MIGHTY ATOM. I hope these are in chronological order, as that would mean they will likely include many of the stories that I lack, since the 1st 2 volumes of the SHONEN / KAPPA reprints were sold out when I 1st learned of them.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4778032179/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5

jeffbert
Minister of Science

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 'KAPPA' reprints I just bought arrived today, but :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: They are the exact same comics as were translated by Dark Horse! :cry: :cry: :cry: 8.5 by 11, some color pages, but the same content. I had expected an earlier version, but it was not to be. $350 for these!? :sick: :sick:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

Oh, no! Can you return them, Jeffbert?

That's why I'm practically paranoid about ordering anything from unfamiliar (to me) sources.

But, I guess, no guts, no glory, because I also don't have books and videos I'd love to own,

Maybe someone else would like to buy that set you just received....?
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I am considering breaking up the sets, & selling the individual 12 volumes separately on eBay, though no time soon.

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

I just won an ebay action for Tezuka's book about his drawn Insects and it also includes a short manga about it (osamu Tezuka Book: Konchuu TsurezureGusa) it was printed in Japan in 1996 and is verry rare because of the biding i only paid 10,99 for it and another 10 for shipping.

Don't know if the manga story is from the Lion books ? that i already have in French anyway it's a really nice addition to my Tezuka collection, when i saw Tezuka's insect drawings on the DVD the secret of creation years back i knew i wanted this.
here are some pictures they don't really give away how nice this book is but o well

Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Deep_Freeze
Metro City Citizen

Postby Deep_Freeze » 11 years ago

A bag of Doritos.
I have nothing to say!

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 11 years ago

Beef jerkey, grape soda, a bag of jalepeno Combos, this cute pink purse, purple nail polish, and volume 1 of Aqua Teen Hunger Force ( It was on sale. Score! )
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Koji Yamamura short Anime(experimental) works from Kimstim

pre-orderd: One Piece Collection Seven

din't got the second volume of tezuka's midnight in French :sick: on the website i orderd it from they sad they shipped it out but i got an email that they coudn't get it anymore :mad: i got 1,3 and 4 now so still on the hunt for 2 ...

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 11 years ago

Seeing as I was just at an art gallery on my America trip, I got a book about Japanese architecture, a book about Hiroshige, a lenticular bookmark with The Kiss by Gustav Klimt on it, and an art card I'll send at Christmas to a girl I like.

Return to “General Discussion”