Whats your favorite movie

Off topic discussion.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

I cannot name my all time favorite film, but I do like the old Disney animated films. I just watched Pinocchio for the 1st time since I was a kid, & was happy to hear Hans Conried (Snidely Whiplash's voice actor) doing Capt. Hook's voice. It just seemed so very appropriate. :p

I for the most part, dislike 'Disney' films, you know, the ones made after Walt's death & the new values came into play. :sick:

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 11 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:I cannot name my all time favorite film, but I do like the old Disney animated films. I just watched Pinocchio for the 1st time since I was a kid, & was happy to hear Hans Conried (Snidely Whiplash's voice actor) doing Capt. Hook's voice. It just seemed so very appropriate. :p

I for the most part, dislike 'Disney' films, you know, the ones made after Walt's death & the new values came into play. :sick:
Your right they should change the name of Disney so it doesn't get associated with there old glory.

I supose after his death (1966) there where still some works that stand out until you get to the late 90's after that it's complete crap, and now they have all these stupid REALLY REALLY funny live action teen series :rolleyes: there network is full with that it doesn't even have anything to do with Walt if he only knew they used his company to make this crap i don't know what he would have done :d evil:

But yeha Walt was great he also had many more influences than in western animation only he made Jules Verne's 20,000 leagues under the sea live action movie with disney in 1955 which is one of my favourite movies and also Tezuka was a big fan and so forth.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

There are some really good Disney movies after Disney's death (thought that's not to say there weren't any good stuff while Disney was alive). The Lion King in particular is my all-time favorite movie and the first one I've ever seen.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

What?! THE LION KING? :lol: :lol: You are hereby banished forever from this forum! :p :p

I assume you are too young to know of the controversy with that film. Am I correct? :D

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 11 years ago

If I remember correctly, didn't that movie copy Kimba?

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 11 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:What?! THE LION KING? :lol: :lol: You are hereby banished forever from this forum! :p :p

I assume you are too young to know of the controversy with that film. Am I correct? :D
(to young doesn't count!!!) YEHA i was about to say that a while ago but than i thought : guess if you like it for what it is and don't know any of the Kima=simba stuff
than i'm not going to be the person to bring this endless disccusion up but if your on this forums you should kinda know that at least :shifty: ,

I think we should teach those Astro only fans how great Tezuka was and they should at least look into other things even if so much of his works still are so dammn isolated.

Here YA GO

Last edited by Tetsuwan Atom on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

jeffbert
Minister of Science

:p

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 11 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:What?! THE LION KING? :lol: :lol: You are hereby banished forever from this forum! :p :p

I am fully aware of the controversy within the film for being somewhat similar to Kimba the White Lion, but I couldn't care less. What attracted me to the movie was it's beautiful visuals, engaging characters, an unforgettable plot, and fantastic music. Those are what made it my favorite movie, regardless of similarities to Kimba the White Lion.

And in regards to Kimba the White Lion, eh. Saw some episodes on YouTube. It was okay, but nothing great. I'll give it another shot in the future, but that'll be some time into the future.

Gemstone2474
Rocket Ball Champion
Location: I come from a land down under, where women glow and men thunder!

Postby Gemstone2474 » 11 years ago

I love Avatar the last airbender the TV SERIES!!!!! DON'T EVEN MENTION THE MOVIE!!!!! :mad: :mad:
the acting was crap, Aang didn't smile ONCE!!!!!! It reminded me of the episode The Amber Island Players except worse!!!!!!! :d oh:
But right now my favourite movie is THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN!!!!
It truly was AMAZING!!!!!!!! :D :hyo:
*ABSCOND*

jeffbert
Minister of Science

So, astarisborn94, you saw LION KING before seeing any KIMBA episode? If so, then I understand your position, as in that case, LION KING would be the standard by which you judged KIMBA. On the other hand, I suppose LK does indeed have its own merits, though I have never watched it. :lol:

As I stated earlier, I am disappointed by most post-Disney material. Though I suppose things try to match current standards, most kids go with their parents to see these films (I assume & hope), so why would they need PG13 material? When I was a kid, Disney films were just about as squeaky clean as anything could be, at least with respect to sexual material and such. There were a few that involved sorcery, and even good witches, and such, but fart jokes were unheard of. I remember BEDKNOBS & BROOMSTICKS, in which a good Witch fought Nazis with magic, & I suppose some parents may have been averse to the idea of "good witches," but, as I said, otherwise, these films were squeaky clean. I do enjoy PG13 content, but it just seem inappropriate for Disney to make it. As I understand it LK does involve certain sexual themes, though we have a ban on discussing such things here.

Return to “General Discussion”