Funny childhood fears.

Off topic discussion.
Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Funny childhood fears.

Postby Anime Girl » 12 years ago

I'm just curious, did you ever have any fears as a kid, but when you look back upon it now, it kinda makes you laugh because it seems sorta silly that you used to be scared of that thing. I mean sure we all got scared of the dark, and thunder and such, but sometimes you get scared of something silly, like a cartoon character or a story that you thought was true or something. Okay for me. I used to be scared of Brak from Space Ghost, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, The Brak Show, and Cartoon Planet, (dang, wat show hasn't he been on). I never really even watched SGC2C. I never really watched Cartoon Network that much when I was a kid, except for the occasional Power Puff Girls (I was more into Nicklodeon, especially Hey Arnold), but one time Daddy's friend videotaped The Iron Giant for me, which came on Cartoon Network, and there was a bump or promo or something that had Brak on it and his face used to scare me! I ain't kidding. Used to give me nightmares! I didn't want to admit I was scared, so when that add came on the video, I always made some bizzare excuse to leave the room. XD Obviously I grew out of that now. XD
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

BlueCore
Robot President

Postby BlueCore » 12 years ago

Hmmm.... OH OH OH!!!
Mine Was:
When ever I watched a movie and the THX thingy came on, I would cry and run to my room
"My name is Jack Frost. How do I know that? Because the moon told me. So if the moon tells you something, believe it..." ~jack frost, Rise of The Guardians

Tobiofan
Metro City Citizen

Postby Tobiofan » 12 years ago

Bear in the Big Blue House. Idk why. :eek:
My Deviant Art page
Astro Boy: (started April 30, 2012)
1960's: 104/104 + 193
1980's: 52/52 (will rewatch when english subs available)
2003: 50/50 (yay all Astro Boy seasons finished!)
Detective Conan: 656/656+ (all caught up! :D ) (started Jan 1, 2012)

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

"BlueCore" wrote:Hmmm.... OH OH OH!!!
Mine Was:
When ever I watched a movie and the THX thingy came on, I would cry and run to my room

OH NOS! NOT THE THX! D: TORTURE ME, FEED ME TO TROLLS, DO ANYTHING, JUST DON'T PUT ON THE THX! LOL! XD

Oh and BTW, for those of you that don't know, this is Brak. I ment to post the picture the first time. Huh. Oh well.
Attachments
Brak-and-Zorak[1].jpg
Brak-and-Zorak[1].jpg (155.3 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
Last edited by Anime Girl on Tue May 22, 2012 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 12 years ago

well he's an ugly bugger, I bet he scared more then one kid.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 12 years ago

The only thing that comes to mind is this one episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog where a really creepy image comes up on screen for a few seconds. I literally flipped to a different channel every time that episode came on.

"BlueCore" wrote:Hmmm.... OH OH OH!!!
Mine Was:

Although I wasn't scared of that, I used to hate that as a kid. Apparently, the THX intro isn't too kid-friendly based on this topic. :p

"Anime Girl 16" wrote:Oh and BTW, for those of you that don't know, this is Brak. I ment to post the picture the first time. Huh. Oh well.

*Image snipped*

Ah, Brak. Brak never really scared me as a kid. Reminds me of when I used to watch Space Ghost Coast to Coast as a kid. I used to like Zorak for some reason. :lol:

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Yes he is, but I like him anyway (at least now I do). He's so funny. I love Space Ghost Coast to Coast and The Brak Show. Although there was a reason why SGC2C was moved from Cartoon Network to [adult swim]. Although compared to the other shows on [adult swim], SGC2C and THe Brak Show were probably tamer.

EDIT: This is meant in reply to diehard, as Shiyo posted before I finished typing. XD
Last edited by Anime Girl on Wed May 23, 2012 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

jmb2891
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jmb2891 » 12 years ago

The movie The Mummy used to scare me when I was a child for some reason. The first time I watched it, it creeped me out, but I got over it quickly. Now, I've seen it multiple times.

I remember Brak & Space Ghost. I used to like Space Ghost before it got moved to [adult swim].
"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."
-Jim Morrison

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you, too, can become great."
-Mark Twain

Please check out:
My YouTube Channel
My Ultimate-Guitar Profile

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

I never got to watch it when I was a kid. :( I didn't have cable at the time. I just recently started watching it on YouTube and such.

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 12 years ago

Multiple things used to scare me as a child for some weird reason:

- the THX logo on DVDs
- 80s-early 1990s logos
- Super Street Fighter II intro (Seriously, I threw a good SNES game down the trash over that, man was that stupid.)
- Hanna-Barbera logo

Thankfully, I've gotten over these fears.

Return to “General Discussion”