Funny childhood fears.

Off topic discussion.
Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 12 years ago

XD I wasn't scared of the THX logo, but I always hated it. I LOLed when they made fun of it in Over The Hedge. I think they also made fun of it on Tiny Toon too, it was called THUD. XD
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

1magus
Robot President

Postby 1magus » 12 years ago

Terminator 2 used to freak me out and actually gave me nightmares for a while not because of the machines but because of Nuclear War and that beginning scene was burned into my head.

Now The Terminator franchise is one of my favorites, I loved Sarah Connor Chronicles and btw if you are a fan of Terminator OR robots in general with sci fi elements and interesting plots.. GO WATCH THAT SHOW. Its dead now :( but still.
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 12 years ago

I've always been afraid of dinosaurs...actually I still am...even though its silly and there is no such thing anymore there is still that little fear of the things big enough to eat me whole
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 11 years ago

I used to be afraid of monsters in my closet or under my bed, but what kid didn't? :lol: hmm i can't say I was really afraid of anything else. IDK I'm a pretty easy going person :lol: however I did prefer (and still sometimes do) to stay away from scary movies because they gave me nightmares :lol:

Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 11 years ago

I used to be afraid of balloons because I thought if I touched them they'd suck the age out of me and make me shrivelled like a prune, which was because balloons go wrinkled as they lose air. Can't think of a childhood fear I had funnier than that. :lol: I was also scared of nail-less fingers and toes, if I lost a nail I'd start screaming and try to tape it back on. :lol:

Gemstone2474
Rocket Ball Champion
Location: I come from a land down under, where women glow and men thunder!

Postby Gemstone2474 » 11 years ago

I hated the "Don't let the bed bugs bite" saying (and still don't like it much:lol :) because i was, and still am, a very imaginative person so i would feel little bugs cwarling around and biting me, i also used to think goblins lived under my bed, but i hated the bed bugs more. :)
*ABSCOND*

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 11 years ago

For some reason, Doctor Who used to scare the S**T outta me. Especially "The Waters of Mars". Watched it when I was...six or something, and got nightmares for an entire week.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

Juke Boxes.

But you have to understand - I was born in 1953 . . . which means when I was a little girl, those huge Wurlizer juke boxes with glowing bubbling lights and big bassey speakers were EVERYWHERE pumping out what is now "vintage" rock 'n roll.

They TERRIFIED ME because at the time I was 4-5 years old and they were easily twice my height. I could see the records and phonograph moving on their own (early robotics!), and the speakers were basically as big as I was, so it was a horrific experience to be standing next to one of these things. I actually used to scream in terror, and many times we had to leave the restaurant because I'd see they had a "bub-bub" (what I called them for some reason) :cry:

To this day, I wouldn't want one of those things!! :unsure:

Classic_1946_Wurlitzer_1015_Jukebox_Bubbler_Juke_Box_Coin_Op_Record_Machine_01_ve.jpg
Classic_1946_Wurlitzer_1015_Jukebox_Bubbler_Juke_Box_Coin_Op_Record_Machine_01_ve.jpg (19.21 KiB) Viewed 2199 times
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

BlueCore
Robot President

Postby BlueCore » 11 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Juke Boxes.

But you have to understand - I was born in 1953 . . . which means when I was a little girl, those huge Wurlizer juke boxes with glowing bubbling lights and big bassey speakers were EVERYWHERE pumping out what is now "vintage" rock 'n roll.

They TERRIFIED ME because at the time I was 4-5 years old and they were easily twice my height. I could see the records and phonograph moving on their own (early robotics!), and the speakers were basically as big as I was, so it was a horrific experience to be standing next to one of these things. I actually used to scream in terror, and many times we had to leave the restaurant because I'd see they had a "bub-bub" (what I called them for some reason) :cry:

To this day, I wouldn't want one of those things!! :unsure:

[attachment=]1628[/attachment]

This is so funny! Really made me laugh :lol:
"My name is Jack Frost. How do I know that? Because the moon told me. So if the moon tells you something, believe it..." ~jack frost, Rise of The Guardians

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 11 years ago

Actually, one year I was afraid of my birthday. My parents kept saying stuff like "Your getting so big" and "You'll have a lot more responcability" and personally I didn't want either of those :lol: . So right before my birthday party I hid in the laundy room... in the dark :lol: IDK why my birthday scared me more then that :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”