R.I.P. Lennox

Off topic discussion.
Fairlane12
Rocket Ball Champion

R.I.P. Lennox

Postby Fairlane12 » 11 years ago

Has anyone heard the news? In Belfas, Northern Ireland,a Labrador/Bulldog mix was killed by the city council for merely LOOKING like a Pit Bull,they used excuses (saying he was unpredictable,woudn't you be after living in a tiny cage covered in feces for 2 years? The city council tortured him. He had a skin condition( when in owners care,you wouldn't know,he had a loving family) that got worse. and HIS FAMILY COULDN'T EVEN SEE HIM ONE LAST TIME,NOR WILL THEY GET THE BODY! CESAR MILLAN AND VICTORIA STILWELL BOTH OFFERED TO TAKE LENNOX,BUT NOOO,BELFAST CITY COUNCIL HAD TO KILL HIM,PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK! Rant over,i'm going to pet my Boxer for a little while

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 11 years ago

murderers.

will refrain from going on as I may offend somebody.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

MURDER is unjustifiable HOMICIDE. You cannot murder a dog. O.k., I understand this misses the point! If the dog had become viscous, it matters not who is to blame. Would it really have worked out to have tried to reintroduce the dog to a loving family? They decided it was not worth the risk of the dog attacking people.

When I was a baby, we had a dog that fell through the opening between the steps to our basement. It went mad because of the brain damage. Not the dog's fault, but my parents had it put down. Ha! It just occurred to me that both Ruff & I banged our heads on the concrete floor of our basement, & suffered brain damage because of it. :hyo:

Fairlane12
Rocket Ball Champion

"jeffbert" wrote:MURDER is unjustifiable HOMICIDE. You cannot murder a dog. O.k., I understand this misses the point! If the dog had become viscous, it matters not who is to blame. Would it really have worked out to have tried to reintroduce the dog to a loving family? They decided it was not worth the risk of the dog attacking people.

When I was a baby, we had a dog that fell through the opening between the steps to our basement. It went mad because of the brain damage. Not the dog's fault, but my parents had it put down. Ha! It just occurred to me that both Ruff & I banged our heads on the concrete floor of our basement, & suffered brain damage because of it. :hyo:

I'd say it's murder Look at the poor guy,who HELPED a DISABLED child in his life

http://petprojectblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Lennox1.jpeg

jeffbert
Minister of Science

:p I defer any further comment in support of my 1st sentence, as it is pointless to argue. :lol: I do understand to a point, anyway, your thinking this is an unjust thing that they did, Fairlane12. How old are you? I ask only because I want to better understand your opinion, & relating to to my own standards at the same age is my intent.

AtomXKoisuru
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AtomXKoisuru » 11 years ago

HUMANS force them to fight.
HUMANS cut their ears off.
HUMANS over breed them.
Yet Pittbulls get the bad rap?
inhumane if you ask me.
do R.I.P innocent Lennox. </3
[sigpic][/sigpic] Find me online!! :D AtomXKoisuru@Youtube
Rebel-Pupcoon@DeviantART

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 11 years ago

there is no such thing as a bad dog, just bad dog owners, or people who miss treat them, there are situations where the owners are fine but somebody else does something to the dog and the dog has issues after that, see it quite often on the dog whisperer.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 11 years ago

HI- FEEL SAD TO HEAR ABOUT THIS- HUGS SWEETLY- THANKS FOR CARING SO MUCH JOE- PRAY YOU AND EVERYONE HERE ETERNAL SALVATION AND SAFETY AND HAPPINESS ALWAYS- YOUR AVATARGIRL FRIEND ALWAYS

Fairlane12
Rocket Ball Champion

12,Jeffbert

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Thanks, Fairlane12. Please do not read this as an adult's rebuke to you. I am 53, & have yet to stop learning new things. I was 12 once, & know how I felt about it. I can relate to your perspective because I was once your age, though that was long ago.

I know nothing of the situation other than what I read on this thread, so bear in mind that my opinions may be based on incomplete or misunderstood information. Though I empathize with the helpless dog's situation, as I understand it, the authorities deemed the dog to be viscous. Why the dog became viscous is not their concern, only that it is viscous. It was not their responsibility to rehabilitate the dog, but only to ensure the safety of the residents.

As a kid, you may not agree with this, but that is what growing up is all about. Your priorities will change as you mature; they may continue to change throughout your life. Please accept this, I know you probably think of yourself as old enough to decide for yourself what to do with you life, & resent adults telling what to do, but 2 or 3 years from now, you may look back at yourself at age 12, & realize just how little you did know. I myself can state that I did not grow up until about age 30. :blush: :p As long as you think you have arrived, you will remain a long way from it. Once you realize that you never finish the maturation process, you will have made progress. It never ends.

Looking at your 1st post, I am a bit confused; you state that the dog's mere resemblance to a PIT BULL was the reason they killed him, then in parenthesis, you noted the dog's mistreatment for the past two years. Thus, I am unsure of the council's exact reason for its decision. Perhaps you can restate your 1st post, as I think you were rushed when you wrote it.

Return to “General Discussion”