Have you ever met a celebrity?

Off topic discussion.
AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 11 years ago

"diehard67" wrote:what!?!?!? you met the director of the astro boy movie?!?!?!?!?!

during the time when it was till in the making i told some peeps here that someone should make a twitter account and talk to him no one said or wanted to do it then the ball was in my court and i sent him our fan art and the link to the web site he like the art and i told him about how much we like the retelling thru his eyes he was happy
And the nursery and Paradise Estate didn't really collapse. The moon's made of green cheese, and I'm the queen of England!"
-MLP lickety split

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 11 years ago

cool

nice to see ya back.
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

AtomXKoisuru
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AtomXKoisuru » 11 years ago

I met will Smith while in vagas :3
[sigpic][/sigpic] Find me online!! :D AtomXKoisuru@Youtube
Rebel-Pupcoon@DeviantART

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 11 years ago

"diehard67" wrote:cool

nice to see ya back.

nice to be back! :D
And the nursery and Paradise Estate didn't really collapse. The moon's made of green cheese, and I'm the queen of England!"

-MLP lickety split

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 11 years ago

Living in New York and going to a lot of conventions I have met a lot of celebrities, but mostly from film and television. Visiting my wife's family in Los Angeles I have also run into a few celebrities there. I have even had at least two celebrities stick their tongues out at me!

Most recently I met my all time favorite actress at a convention in New Jersey. (I tried not to be too starstruck, so she would not get a restraining order against me and I have her autograph on several photos.) (At these conventions the one time very active and employed stars charge for their autographs; which seems fair because some unscrupulous people would get a way with charging an arm and a leg for autographs and the stars would see nothing of those profits.)

So to name a few, I have met: Dawn Wells (Mary Ann from "Gilligan's Island") the actors from the 1960s TV show "Lost in Space" (with the exceptions of Guy Williams and June Lockhart) and here is one for all you Astro Boy fans, the one and only, Billie Lou Watt.

I :heart: :astro: :)

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

WOW!! The "real" Astro Boy!! Okay Astrobuddy . . . did she sound like :D him? That is extremely cool.

And I just remembered another celebrity I met in NYC - right near Empire State Building - Andy Warhol!! Skinny little guy with a bad white wig!! :lol:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

"AprilSeven" wrote:WOW!! The "real" Astro Boy!! Okay Astrobuddy . . . did she sound like :D him? That is extremely cool.

And I just remembered another celebrity I met in NYC - right near Empire State Building - Andy Warhol!! Skinny little guy with a bad white wig!! :lol:

While I was waiting for the elevator to take us to a floor for one of the other events at Anime East and had thought I had missed seeing Ms. Watt, I hear two women talking and distinctly recognized a voice I knew from my youth. So yes she did sound like "Astro Boy"! BTW, the other woman was Corinne Orr, the voice of "Speed Racer's" "Trixie"!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

:p "Trixie, Take the wheel!"

SPEED RACER is one of my favorite shows; though I thoroughly dislike the packaging of the DVDs. :lol:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

You met TRIXIE too? Geez . . . that is amazing. Yeah, I liked Speed Racer, too - not the little kid and monkey - but Speed was cute. I had a crush (Astro was gone, and he was too young for me at that point!! :lol :)

BTW there's a Photoshopped picture on another thread with Astro in the passenger seat of the Mach 5 - scared to death - and Speed driving. Funniest thing I've seen in a long time!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

"AprilSeven" wrote:You met TRIXIE too? Geez . . . that is amazing. Yeah, I liked Speed Racer, too - not the little kid and monkey - but Speed was cute. I had a crush (Astro was gone, and he was too young for me at that point!! :lol :)

BTW there's a Photoshopped picture on another thread with Astro in the passenger seat of the Mach 5 - scared to death - and Speed driving. Funniest thing I've seen in a long time!!

I don't think Jeffbert said he met Corinne ("Trixie") Orr.

What he said was "Speed Racer" is another of his favorites. "Trixie take the wheel.", is what I believe Speed says to Trixie in some of their adventures. Any way I also met the late Peter Fernandez. He was selling autographed (by him) miniature Mach 5s. While I only spoke briefly with the late great Billie Lou Watt, (I told her I thought she was the best Astro Boy voice of all!), with Mr. Fernandez we spoke to each other in Spanish (he was of Cuban descent, while I am of Puerto Rican descent) and also of his career dubbing foreign made movies for Titan Studios that were distributed in the US by AIP.

Return to “General Discussion”