Anime/ Manga!!!!!!!!

Off topic discussion.
Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I am currently re-reading Hitoshi Ariga's Megaman/Rockman manga Megamix and Gigamix. His art and adaptations for the series is really charming and offers a new way of looking at some of the games (if you're a fan of Megaman).

This series is another manga which I'd recommend for those who are squeamish about adult themes in their manga. It is squeaky clean, made for fans but with a PG rating (you don't need no adult stuff in Megaman!)

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

Going to give this thread another bump.

I'm not watching as many anime as when I last posted, but I'm watching a few at the moment:

1. Sailor Moon Crystal

This is the only currently on-going anime I'm watching at the moment. I've considered starting Log Horizon, but I haven't decided on that yet.

My thoughts are basically the same for this anime as when I last posted in this thread. The animation has gotten better as the series has gone on, and I'm liking the current arc so far.

2. Slam Dunk

Been wanting to watch this anime for a looooong time, but finally got around to it. It's the first sports anime that I've ever watched.

I thought it was okay at first, but after the first three or four episodes, I was hooked. It's only gotten better too as I've gotten further into it. I'm currently at Episode 24, and the story arc that's going on right now is excellent.

Great cast of characters and great humor. The main character is awesome, but it took me a while to like him. He's not a perfect character, but honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. Those who've seen this anime know what I mean.

3. Space Adventure Cobra (1982 TV Series)

My curiosity encouraged me to watch this series. It's a good anime, but not one of my favorites. It's not a terrible anime though, as I have enjoyed some aspects of it, like the main character's humor. I'm going to watch Cobra to the end since it's so short and I'm so close to the end. I'm planning on watching Birdy the Mighty: Decode as soon as I finish Cobra.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

My Bride is a Mermaid: funny as hell!

Postby jeffbert » 9 years ago

Between Netflix & HULU, I have been watching an increasing amount of anime, & this one is just plain hilarious! This poor guy goes to the beach with his parents, and witnesses a mermaid changing from human form to mermaid form. Too bad that is a forbidden sight, now he must die, to protect the mermaids' secret -- unless, he marries her. :w00t: After returning to his home, he finds the mermaid being introduced to his homeroom as a new student, and thing just go from that to worse, as every one of the mermaids & mermen who threatened his life in their undersea city become involved at his high school, as nurses, principal, etc. Oh, I forgot to mention that they are the undersea mafia. :lol:

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 9 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:. [I]Space Adventure Cobra (1982 TV Series)].
I really liked Cobra perhaps the movie was better though i saw years ago perhaps the tv series did not live up to it but it sure was fun i also liked Slam dunk as about the only sports anime i really got into.

My anime stats to those who have never payed attention to it even though you it's in my banner xd

295 watched
48 watching
449 want to watch
44 stalled
1 dropped
0 won't watch

6,574 total episodes

Life on anime

37 Minutes 7 Hours 3 Days 3 Weeks 3 Months 0 Years

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

Return to “General Discussion”