Giving Away My Book

Off topic discussion.
MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

Giving Away My Book

Postby MrsEclipse » 10 years ago

This is not an advertisement. I don't want to sell you anything. I want to give you something that I can't post online.

Basically, a few months ago I self-published a book. It's about humans and robots living and working together despite a sinister conspiracy to keep them apart, and a love story from a childhood friendship. Here's the full description:

"It's a funny thing, the human soul. It's not in the brain, or the heart, or the liver or the kidneys. What makes a human human is more than the sum of his parts. You can't keep tabs on every single aspect of a human, the total of his memories, his personality, his passion. Where you finally lose track of each tiny piee, that is where the soul begins... thus, the more complex you make a computer, the more you put into it and the more facets it has... the more likely it has a soul."

So begins the story of CyberSaber7. In Tango City, humans and human-shaped robots called cybersabers coexist more or less peacefully. Zafnar Farfetched is no exception, a human with a mundane job and a quiet life. His life changes, however, when he finds his long-lost childhood friend Lemonlime, one of the first cybersabers ever built. He, Lemonlime, and her sister Fruitpunch suddenly realize that there is a huge part of their past they don't remember, one they didn't even know they were missing. As they struggle to remember, though, it becomes clear that there is someone out tehre who doesn't want them to remember.

Suddenly, everything changes. Someone wants Zafnar dead, and to replace all of humanity with identical cybersabers that are programmed to obey without question. In order to stop them, he'll have to delve into the past, to the very creation of the cybersabers and their purpose. But how can he do that when he can't step out of hiding without being killed?

Alligences will change. The creations of a long-lost scientest must be rediscovered. A legend must be reawakened to smash the barrier between humans and robots. And through it all, the nature of humanity and the soul will be questioned. And, with humor and wisdom, Zafnar and his new friends must see this through to the very end. Before the secrets of the past are silenced forever, Zafnar, Lemonlime, Fruitpunch, and Rootbeer must stand up for cybersabers and defend the most valuable machine component of all: the heart.

~*~

Most of the story was written before Astro Boy came into my life (it's actually a rehash of a story I wrote in middle school that was only technically not a fanfic for Saber Marionette J.) So it's a coincidence that some of the robots are based on people, which is something my dad and me worked out years ago. click for spoilerAnd it's a huge coincidence that one of the characters in particular is based on a roboticist's dead daughter.

Anyway, because you guys have been such a great community and I feel safe and supported here, even when I don't have to say anything, I wanted to offer anybody who wants it a free .pdf or .epub of the book. That's it. All you have to do is be a part of this forum, and ask for it. It's kind of a promotional thing, true, but it's also the only way I really know how to express my gratitude that this place has been an island of tranquility in the raging crazy torrent that is the Internet.

I hope you like it. It's the kind of thing a lot of you might like. And if you don't, then please give me honest feedback so I can learn. I'm already working on the sequel and have taken some constructive criticism into account from people.
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

Please PM me a link to download it (or something). I promise I'll let you know how good I think it is. Thanks for the offer.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

What a great accomplishment! :w00t: I'd love to read it, and I'll also tell you what I think,

About how long is it?

MrsEclipse
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MrsEclipse » 10 years ago

It's around 57,000 words, or 200 7.5x9.5 pages.
Baby, don't let it slip, it's a once in a lifetime ship and it's never gonna come again...

jmb2891
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jmb2891 » 10 years ago

I would like a copy. I had a similar deal a few months ago with a fellow user on Cracked, I even ended up buying a physical copy and gave her her first review on Amazon. I'd be happy to read it and critique it if you're interested. Thanks for the offer.
"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."
-Jim Morrison

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you, too, can become great."
-Mark Twain

Please check out:
My YouTube Channel
My Ultimate-Guitar Profile

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 10 years ago

I would be interested too. Don't expect feedback too soon though, I often (generously) take my time when reading :D
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Return to “General Discussion”