Confessions thread

Off topic discussion.
Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 9 years ago

A confession. Everytime I hear the word "weeaboo" I die a little inside.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I use the word weeaboo to describe more of my peers than I probably should... It's a little mean but slightly accurate. I really should stop but it's hard when they really are obsessed with anime and manga.

I also found that I don't much like a whole lot of anime or manga either... :(

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 9 years ago

I actually LOVE anime and manga. But I like other stuff too. I like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Homestuck, and Doctor Who for example. I occasionally say or sneak in Japanese words, but I never say something like "KAWAII DESU SUGOI!!!!!!!111!!" or anything like that. And although I wanna visit Japan, I don't wanna be one, no offense to anyone who is (but I would never trade my pretty Italian brown eyes for anything). I just wanna be me, without having people label me just because I like something. I swear, some people treat anime fans like a friggen weeaboo witch hunt.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 9 years ago

I seem to like cartoons and animation in general more than the average person my age (or at least more than all my friends). It's kind of embarrassing because I feel like people might view me as childish or stupid. Because of this I tend to keep a lot my interests to myself outside of the internet.

I would never trade my pretty Italian brown eyes for anything

Same

Crazy_Red
Metro City Citizen

Postby Crazy_Red » 9 years ago

I have a couple. I don’t know how to swim and I’ve never biked without training wheels. However, I would like to learn how to bike one day. Aside from computers and video games, I don’t really keep up to date with technology. I haven’t used an ipad or an iphone. I got my first cell phone when I finished high school (I currently still use that cell phone).

I kind of like bootleg figurines. They are pretty fascinating to look at since they are so off model. I mostly have Pokémon ones but I also own a bootleg Kisame figurine. I actually got him pretty recently despite the fact that the last time I followed Naturo was when I was in middle school. I found it last year. I wanted to buy him for old time’s sake since he was my favourite character in that series.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

I didn't learn how to swim until I was in my 20's. I almost drowned one day at the beach. I was playing frisbee with some friends in the water when the tide came in and I stepped off a ledge into water over my head. I knew I could float (especially in salt water) so I wasn't in a total panic, but I couldn't make it out of the deep water without help. After that a friend who was on his HS swim team gave me some lessons in a public pool at the JCC.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 9 years ago

I didn't learn how to swim until I was a sixth grader, and became the laughingstock of our class.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I like some anime and manga, but not as much as I used too. I as well have a love for animation and comics in general, but it just seems that the newer anime and manga just doesn't seem to catch my attention much as the older ones did.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:I like some anime and manga, but not as much as I used too. I as well have a love for animation and comics in general, but it just seems that the newer anime and manga just doesn't seem to catch my attention much as the older ones did.

This is pretty true for me as well. I will admit that three of the five anime I'm currently keeping up with are newer anime, but that's because I find that they're more enjoyable to me than other new anime. I'm not huge on anime with a lot of fanservice in them, which I find a lot of newer anime have. If the anime focuses more on the story and other elements than the fanservice, than I can get past it. One of those three newer anime I watch, Sword Art Online II, has some fanservice, but really focuses on the story and character development than the fanservice it has (the OVA for SAO did have a lot though, and I didn't enjoy it as much as the two TV series).

Also, I find myself really attracted to media from the 1980s and 1990s, anime included, so I generally like to watch stuff from that time period anyway. You mention that you have a love for animation; I find that a lot anime from the late-20th century have much better animation than newer anime does. Both past and present anime have plenty of unpolished animation, but I feel like a lot more present anime suffer from unpolished animation than anime of the past did.

EDIT: To keep things going, I suppose I should add a confession (I was going to originally, but forgot :P ).

I'm not a huge fan of Pokemon. A lot of people from my generation seem to love it, but I never could get back into it after elementary school. I think it stems from my general disinterest in card-playing games like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic, and similar things. The games have never really interested me either.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 9 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:I use the word weeaboo to describe more of my peers than I probably should... It's a little mean but slightly accurate. I really should stop but it's hard when they really are obsessed with anime and manga.

I also found that I don't much like a whole lot of anime or manga either... :(

I don't find myself a crazy anime fan either. I actually only like a few. :)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Return to “General Discussion”