My dumb eyes

Off topic discussion.
Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

My dumb eyes

Postby Angel of the Stars » 9 years ago

For the past two days my eyes have been burning and sore, but not red. And I've been getting major headaches from it. But since my body is stupid and I always have some sort of pain, my parents are just blowing it off. I think it's from looking at a dumb computer screen nearly 24/7 to do homework, but they won't listen. So now my left eye has been crossing, too, even though I'm wearing my new glasses.
I wish I could just get new eyes.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

It does sound a lot like eyestrain (but I'm not a doctor). :(

If you can I'd definitely see a doctor or maybe even stop by the school nurse if there is one available at your school. Maybe if the school nurse thinks you should see a professional your parents might listen more.

But I have a hunch that it is eyestrain and I think it would be a good idea to try to ease up on the computer time.

To also make things less hazardous to your eyes in the event that pulling yourself from the screen is impossible you can do this;

Dim the screen to the lowest setting so it's not as bright.
Once an hour close your eyes for a few minutes and relax.
When writing up a report make the background of the document black, and the text white so it's not as bright and make the text a little bit big (maybe a 16 point font or higher). Then when you print the document set the settings back to "normal".

When I was working in an office I had to do these things to ease up on eyestrain... they actually helped quite a bit.

I hope this might help, and I hope it's not something serious.

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

Thanks for the advice. ^-^
I think it's probably eyestrain, too. But I can't do much about it seeing as 5 of my 6 classes are online. @-@

I don't know if my school building has a nurse. I'm homeschooled online, but I go to a building every Tuesday and Thursday for a class. So I could ask if we do tomorrow.

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 9 years ago

how is your work station setup and the lighting in the room when your working on your computer???????????????
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

I have the laptop on the lowest brightness or second to lowest and normally have natural light coming in from my window.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 9 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:Dim the screen to the lowest setting so it's not as bright.
Once an hour close your eyes for a few minutes and relax.

Definitely try that. At some time I had kind of same symptoms. I changed my screen settings, basically changed the 75%+ luminosity to barely 25% , and constrast to 50% . What I essentially did was to lower everything so it remained comfortable to read, no need for an almost black screen either :p Guess what, no more eyestrain nor headaches since that moment :rolleyes:
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

The black screen is definitely just an option (thus why it was listed last) but it can help if the migraines are severe (as mine were). But the first two definitely help above changing the background.

Another random tip which is just about universal for all ailments... drink water, stay hydrated. A little bit of caffeine can help ease the pain of headaches but don't drink too much as it may make your eyes hurt more. But a cup or two of coffee or one energy drink can help.

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

Ok! I've tried those, and so far my eye pain hasn't been so severe. :)

Angel of the Stars
On a Flight into Space

Ok, now I'm really scared. My eyes started hurting this morning and I woke up with blood on my pillow from a nosebleed. A lot of blood compared to the usual nosebleed. And I keep getting nosebleeds and headaches. What the heck is going on?! Any ideas?

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

Get your blood pressure checked. Also might want to see a cardiologist, nosebleeds could be a warning sign of an aneurism.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “General Discussion”