What other fandoms are people a part of?

Off topic discussion.
Gemstone2474
Rocket Ball Champion
Location: I come from a land down under, where women glow and men thunder!

What other fandoms are people a part of?

Postby Gemstone2474 » 9 years ago

Wow, I have not been on here for a while! It's good to be back!
Anyway I was just wondering what other fandoms people are a part of, because it's always fun to find out what others are passionate about!
I have a long list, but I want to find out about others first.
Anyone what to start????
*ABSCOND*

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 9 years ago

Tezuka related stuff, Sailor Moon, Hetalia, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt (although only a few friends know that part), Doctor Who, and last but not least, Homestuck. In fact, Karkat is my zodiac troll. ^u^
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

I've got three.

First one is Dragon Ball.

Been a fan of DB for much, much longer than I have been a fan of Astro Boy. Started watching the show off and on in 1996, and eventually came around to liking it and becoming a fan in 1999. Loved it ever since. I now own almost the entire series on DVD (missing a couple movies).

Second is Super Smash Bros.

Been a fan of it since 2002 when I got Melee (which is my all-time favorite video game). I used to be a really big fan of it and actually joined Smashboards way back in 2005, but I've become more of a casual fan these days. I still have yet to buy Smash Bros 4 for either console, let alone the consoles themselves.

Third is Legend of Zelda.

Became a fan of Zelda after my cousin showed me Ocarina of Time in 2002. I got Ocarina of Time: Master Quest the following year when I preordered Wind Waker and loved it. Wind Waker was great too. Beaten every main canon console game in the Zelda series so far, along with one of the handheld games (Phantom Hourglass). One of my goals in life is to beat every single Zelda game with the exceptions of the spinoff games, Japan-only games, and CD-i games.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I have a strong feeling a lot of people are going to be involved in the LoZ fandom!

As of right now this is the only forum that I am involved in for a fandom, however I consider myself a part of the following fandoms regardless of not being attached to any forums;

Cave Story
I've been a fan of this indie game probably since 2005 (one year after it was created). It is a wonderful little game about a tiny robot that explores caves. click for spoilerSadly though I simply must admit that I am generally embarrassed by the bulk of this fandom. PM for specifics if you're curious. :)

Batman/DC Comics
I'm really not sure anyone here is ready for me to discuss this fandom right now. Get me going and I just won't shut up about it. Long story short - this fandom has been a constant in my life through a lot of tough times (pretty corny but there it is, I'm a cornball anyway deep down).

Banana Fish
This is an incredibly little-known manga gold nugget that really should be more popular than it is IMHO. Warning though, this manga is NOT for the faint of heart and has a 16+ rating. I hope one day it will get adapted into anime form (Japan is doing a lot of rebooting lately and I hope they decide to adapt this story for it's 30 year anniversary!). This story also takes place in America in the 80s which is a rarity in manga - the mangaka did her research and executed it wonderfully for this story.

Chrono Trigger
Yet another game series that I loved from almost the year it came out. I remember Nintendo Power Magazine advertising for this game back in 1994 the year before it came out. Once I was able to play it, I've been hooked ever since.

...and the last one I'll list is Megaman
I have a very strong liking for anything with robots in them and it was just impossible to grow up in the 90s and not play at least one Megaman game. Granted, I'm more of a fan of the X series than the classic. I really wish we'd get to have a decent new game sometime soon!

There are some other things that I immerse myself in, but these ones are the main things that I focus on and keep track of online. The rest are just things that I like a lot.

Though I may add that I used to be a fan of Saint Seiya however I had such a wretched experience on the main English fan forum as well as with the fandom in general that I've pretty well left it behind. I do however still enjoy Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas.
Last edited by Earthshine on Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added bit about Saint Seiya

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

Let's see ...
Books:
All of the Adventure novels by Clive Cussler.
Sherlock Holmes.
Lots of Science Fiction

TV Sci Fi:
Trek, Dr. Who (especially the early doctors), Star Gate

Anime:
Star Blazers (Space Battleship Yamato), Anything by Tezuka, Mysterious Cites of Gold (got to get that on DVD on of these days).
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 9 years ago

I just recently got out of my ‘obsession’ with a book series called ‘Guardians of Ga’Hoole’, which I had been obsessed with for almost four years before my interest in Astro Boy came back, even though I have always had an interest in Astro Boy since around 2004-6. Before I was obsessed with Guardians of Ga’Hoole, I was interested in:

Saint Seiya; I was interested in this anime series for around a good two or so years, I liked the style of the animation and characters even though I would admit the animation was a bit cheap and choppy in some areas. Almost all the characters - which there where a lot of them – where colourful, each having their own uniqueness. I also liked the plot, as straight forward and black and white that some people would call it.

District 9; I have always liked Science Fiction, especially Science Fiction inspired by the 1980s or Retro Futurism, and the designs of the spaceships and other transport had that angular touch of the 1980s.

StarCraft II; I was playing a lot of StarCraft II with my friend from Czech Republic after he introduced as a Beta Tester. Something about the Protoss I just found awesome.

Wall-E; this is a very well made film, from the characters to the plot was all awesome. I was interested in the character EVE for some time as I just found her very interesting.

That is all I can remember for now, but I did and have several other interests in the past and present such as, Batman, Akira, The Walking Dead, Tekkonkinkreet, Ghost in a Shell, Casshern, Death Note, Digimon, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT, Spyro the Dragon, Medabots and a lot more that I cannot remember right now.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

Wall-E; this is a very well made film, from the characters to the plot was all awesome. I was interested in the character EVE for some time as I just found her very interesting.

Awhile ago I had started to write a crossover between WALL-E and Astro, with Uran taking the part of EVE. It has sort of died on the vine at this point, maybe I can figure out how to finish it.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page

http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 9 years ago

Even though I like a lot of things I'd say these are the other fandoms I'm a part of:
Supernatural, Team Fortress 2, Hunter x Hunter, Motorcity

I've made art for all of these and blog about them and have even cosplayed characters from 3 out of 4. Though this is the first time I've ever joined a forum for a fandom.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 9 years ago

Talking about cosplaying, I coseplayed as Seiya from Saint Seiya once.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 9 years ago

I once cosplayed as Shion from Saint Seiya in his grand pope regalia. It was lots of fun but that wig killed me.

Return to “General Discussion”