Black Jack BJD

Off topic discussion.
Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Black Jack BJD

Postby Uran-chama » 8 years ago

I'm not sure if anyone on here is interested in ball-jointed dolls, but I found out a few days ago that the bjd company Volks is making Black Jack dolls! They are making Black Jack, Pinoko, and Kiriko.

http://www.superdollfie.net/bj/

They only just released this info on 8/28 and more details will be announced on 9/7.

I've gotten back into bjds recently after 6 years and just felt like checking out the Volks website cuz that's the brand of my first doll and I saw a Black Jack banner! Found out about it right before they released this info. Seems a little random to make Black Jack bjds but maybe it's because of the Young Black Jack manga?

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

I have a very good friend that absolutely loves bjds and will be super pleased to hear about this as they adore Black Jack. Thanks for the news! I think the new series is probably to blame as it does seem a little strange to have Black Jack as a bjd. But also maybe because it is nearing Halloween? Japanese like the visuals of Halloween and Black Jack does suit the theme in some ways so retailers could market him for the season well even if the casual consumer does not know precisely who he is. But then again, I may be wrong and it could 100% be ascribed to the new series.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 8 years ago

My reaction.
Attachments
814a4bfd896e9238ff6a3f9555e7e55e-1.jpg
814a4bfd896e9238ff6a3f9555e7e55e-1.jpg (45.57 KiB) Viewed 2791 times
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

More photos from their facebook.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

They posted a picture of the Pinoko doll. This was shown off at the 80th Tokyo International Gift Show from September 2 to 4 in the Tezuka Productions booth.

Source: [url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-09-14/black-jack-characters-join-super-dollfie-line/.92857]Anime News Network[/url]

[url=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CN3RlzEUwAAt48n.jpg]Larger version of the image below[/url]

CN3RlzEUwAAt48n.jpg
CN3RlzEUwAAt48n.jpg (34.39 KiB) Viewed 2825 times

Earthshine

There's something uniquely creepy about BJDs and I think that Pinoko one will stand out in my mind for longer than I wish... :eek:

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Found some pics from the magazine issue they were in. Black Jack and Kiriko are very bishi. But I guess if you're gonna get a doll you're gonna want it to be pretty. Pinoko looked pretty weird to me at first but I think she looks a little better in these pics. I also can't believe how perfect her size is compared to Black Jack's lol

Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Uran-chama on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: made pics a little bigger

Earthshine

I was going to say that both Black Jack and Kiriko were VERY bishi and I wasn't sure I liked it... but then again this is sort of the "style" of the BJD so I can forgive it. Even if I'm not a fan of the style.

Pinoko looks so much better in these pictures and she's so cute, very well done! They really made a conscious effort to make her proportionate and functional without it coming off as too cartoony. Her actual design has her with this giant head, I am really impressed with this.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 8 years ago

I agree with Earthshine; yes, they do have feminine characteristics, & also seem very young.

Earthshine

All the BJDs I have seen have characters as extremely "feminine" so I suppose that's just the style of the product. For Black Jack and Kiriko, while both are very well sculpted and are indeed great looking dolls, I feel it is sort of "out of place" for the specific characters.

I also agree that they seem very young, perhaps too young.

Return to “General Discussion”