Legendary David Bowie Dies at Age 69

Off topic discussion.
Earthshine

Legendary David Bowie Dies at Age 69

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

Another sad loss today as we lose David Bowie who was instrumental for a lot of us growing up. Some of our younger forum members may only remember him from movies such as The Labyrinth but even if it's just that you surely never forgot him.

He died yesterday after an 18 month long battle with cancer.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

My 10th grade English teacher would almost always play music while we worked on classwork. "Space Oddity" was one of the songs my teacher would frequently play.

I have watched Labyrinth too, but it's been a long time.

I was never that familiar with his work, but I do know that he was one of the bigger musical artists of his time. Thoughts are with his family, friends, and fans.

"And the stars look very different today."
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

I just watched Labyrinth for the first time last week. I didn't really know who Bowie was until then. It's a shame.

Amiral Mos
Kokoro Robot

Postby Amiral Mos » 8 years ago

I saw this yesterday, wow...

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 8 years ago

David Bowie was AMAZING. He became big when I was in college -- soooo many songs . . . Suffragette City, Space Oddity, Young Americans, Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars . . . and later I've always loved China Girl and Blue Jean . . . plus all the biggies that still get a lot of airplay.

The man was just crazy-creative and always thinking outside of the box and WAY ahead of the curve.

I think one of my all-time favorite memories was this Christmas special I saw years and years ago . . . he was singing "Little Drummer Boy" as a duet with BING CROSBY (who I also love).

What joy and blessing his music and personas have been to me, and I've no doubt he's :lol: :heart: :lol: with :tezuka: on the "other side!"

Thank you, David!!! RIP!! :heart:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

I love Bing Crosby as well, he's my hometown's hero as he's from Spokane.

Here is the special you were most likely referencing. I personally never saw it but I am glad I did. Marvelous.

I'm still reeling from this news. :cry: Thank you David, thank you.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 8 years ago

THAT'S IT!! I'm so glad it's out there -- look how young he was!! Thanks for finding it, Earthshine!

BTW -- believe or not, I never realized he had REALLY one blue and one brown eye (I just figured that was part of his "persona")

AND - He had a home not far from me -- in Woodstock, NY! Our local paper had a whole page about him, referring to him as an "Ulster County resident!"
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 8 years ago

I was never into David Bowie personally. But I'm always sorry to hear of anybody dying.

I felt the same way when Michael Jackson died. I wasn't a fan but I was sad to hear the news.

May he and Bowie both RIP. :cry:

Return to “General Discussion”