What are you currently listening to?

Off topic discussion.
Twinflower
Kokoro Robot

What are you currently listening to?

Postby Twinflower » 8 years ago

Just wondering what are the music tastes of people here :)

Think that I can start :) Now I'm listening Warriors of Destiny by BlutEngel, it's from their first album. To tell the truth, their second album "Seelenschmerz" I like much more but maybe that'll change :rolleyes:
How can you stand there and deny it? (с ;)

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

I'm going to have to have a listen to them when I am in a position where I can.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of electronic dance-type music and I have been very fond of The Fat Rat especially their song "Monody".

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

Lately, I've been revisiting my early teenage years by listening to the early Nightwish albums with their original singer. They are the reason why I'm a fan of melodic metal bands now; they were the first melodic metal band I actively listened to.

Best way I can describe them: symphonic metal with operatic vocals. They are a unique, but very talented band. If you're interested, I highly recommend their first five albums.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 8 years ago

Shiyonasan, you should try a band called, 'Before The Dawn'.

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 8 years ago

I LOVE Nightwish. I have not listened to their stuff in a long time though, I really ought to now though. I cannot recall how many albums they may have made since I stopped really listening to them (not because I stopped liking them, but just because I stopped keeping up with them).

I also should check out Before the Dawn as well if they are anything like Nightwish.

Another band that is similar is Kamelot, though they focus more on the heavy metal portion of their music than the symphonic element, but they not as intense as Dragonforce.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

CommanderEVE, I'm not a huge fan of death metal, but I'll give them a listen.

"Earthshine" wrote:I LOVE Nightwish. I have not listened to their stuff in a long time though, I really ought to now though. I cannot recall how many albums they may have made since I stopped really listening to them (not because I stopped liking them, but just because I stopped keeping up with them).

I've admittedly stopped keeping up with them too, though I do search them once in a blue moon to see what they're up to. It's not that I dislike them now, but since the departure of their lead singer, they don't entice me as much as they used to. Plus, their music has changed a little since 2005, which may be another factor.

As of now, they have released 8 albums. The first five albums have their original singer (and in my opinion, their best one), Tarja Turunen. My favorite Nightwish album is Oceanborn (their second album), followed shortly by Wishmaster (their third album).

Their second singer is my least favorite, and most other people's least favorite as well: Anette Olzon. She was the lead vocalist on the sixth and seventh albums. Her vocals are too poppy for my liking. The only song I like from the Olzon era is "Amaranth".

Their third and current singer is Floor Jansen. She's VERY good, and definitely the best fit for Nightwish at this point in time. Check out some live performances of her with Nightwish to see what I mean. She does vocals on their eighth and newest album.

Another band that is similar is Kamelot, though they focus more on the heavy metal portion of their music than the symphonic element, but they not as intense as Dragonforce.

I've listened to Kamelot a little bit. They aren't my cup of tea, but they seem like a pretty good band. I do like their current singer though (Tommy Karevik).

I used to be a pretty big DragonForce fan back in the day. I've moved on from them too, but like Nightwish, I still look them up occasionally to see what they're up to.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 8 years ago

"Pete Chaston's Doo Wop Show with great doo wop rock and roll from the 50s and early 60s."

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 8 years ago

I have been trying to listen and organize all the songs I have (8,000+ in total, I have a lot of albums). I plan to delete that which I do not like. Currently, it seems everything 30 Seconds is going to into the recycling bin and physical albums sold.

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

I've been listening mostly to game music and covers from YouTube. I need to organize my music too...

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Currently listening to "Octavarium" by Dream Theater; it's one of their best albums in my opinion. Bought it at the store today, bringing my collection of Dream Theater albums to 7. Only 6 more to go (until they release a new album of course).

Return to “General Discussion”