KIMBA THE wHITE LION

Off topic discussion.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

KIMBA THE wHITE LION

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

Is anybody here an Kimba enthusiast, such as would be rather well acquainted with the episodes? I am writing a book about ASTROBOY, and searching for themes or plot elements in other Tezuka series that mirror some in AB. Oddly enough, I am more familiar with some series that have not been rendered into English than I am of KTWL. :D

I also would find it helpful to know about which episodes certain guest stars make appearances.

I just ordered the 52 ep set from Amazon, though I already have the Rhino set; though I intend to watch all episodes eventually, I really want to start with only those that have elements of discrimination, alienation, redemption, and a few other themes. :p irate:

MangaBottle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MangaBottle » 13 years ago

There's a Kimba fansite here: http://www.kimbawlion.com/
Maybe they can help you?
My Astro Boy fan-fic scripts on Deviant Art:
Mighty Astro Boy :astro:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I emailed them with the same question; also made a thread on T in E.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 13 years ago

I love Kimba the White Lion- love the theme song so much- to me he is a young lion version of ASTRO BOY-

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 13 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:Is anybody here an Kimba enthusiast, such as would be rather well acquainted with the episodes? I am writing a book about ASTROBOY, and searching for themes or plot elements in other Tezuka series that mirror some in AB. Oddly enough, I am more familiar with some series that have not been rendered into English than I am of KTWL. :D

I also would find it helpful to know about which episodes certain guest stars make appearances.

I just ordered the 52 ep set from Amazon, though I already have the Rhino set; though I intend to watch all episodes eventually, I really want to start with only those that have elements of discrimination, alienation, redemption, and a few other themes. :p irate:

While I am not that familiar with all the episodes of Kimba, I do know that Astro Boy makes a cameo appearance in the episode titled, "The Trappers", as some of the Kimba cast can be seen watching an episode of his TV show! But I am sure those themes run throughout the series as they were favorite topics of Tezuka! If I can find out any more specifics I'll let you know!
I :heart: :astro: :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:While I am not that familiar with all the episodes of Kimba, I do know that Astro Boy makes a cameo appearance in the episode titled, "The Trappers", as some of the Kimba cast can be seen watching an episode of his TV show! But I am sure those themes run throughout the series as they were favorite topics of Tezuka! If I can find out any more specifics I'll let you know!

I am well-aware of that incident with Hamegg watching TV; & the other one at the robot Museum in France.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

"jeffbert" wrote:[QUOTE=ASTROBUDDY;103571]
While I am not that familiar with all the episodes of Kimba, I do know that Astro Boy makes a cameo appearance in the episode titled, "The Trappers", as some of the Kimba cast can be seen watching an episode of his TV show! But I am sure those themes run throughout the series as they were favorite topics of Tezuka! If I can find out any more specifics I'll let you know!

I am well-aware of that incident with Hamegg watching TV; & the other one at the robot Museum in France.[/QUOTE]

Well, then if you know so much why are you even asking for help?! You know you should first say thank you, but you already knew about those scenes because when someone is offering help that's what one usually says to the person offering help! You know because how does one know what you frakking know and don't know! I :heart: :astro: :p

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"ASTROBUDDY" wrote:[QUOTE=jeffbert;103594][QUOTE=ASTROBUDDY;103571]

I am well-aware of that incident with Hamegg watching TV; & the other one at the robot Museum in France.[/QUOTE]

Well, then if you know so much why are you even asking for help?! You know you should first say thank you, but you already knew about those scenes because when someone is offering help that's what one usually says to the person offering help! You know because how does one know what you frakking know and don't know! I :heart: :astro: :p [/QUOTE]
:blush: Sorry to have offended you, I should have said 'thanks.' However, as I did mention plot elements and "certain actors" it would have been better for you or others who are familiar with KTWL, to have asked for specifics, such as which actors, or what plot elements, rather than to volunteer information other than that about which I inquired. I could have been more specific, but as I had yet to ascertain whether there were any here who might have the answers, I declined.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

"jeffbert" wrote:[QUOTE=ASTROBUDDY;103626][QUOTE=jeffbert;103594][QUOTE=ASTROBUDDY;103571] While I am not that familiar with all the episodes of Kimba, I do know that Astro Boy makes a cameo appearance in the episode titled, "The Trappers", as some of the Kimba cast can be seen watching an episode of his TV show! But I am sure those themes run throughout the series as they were favorite topics of Tezuka! If I can find out any more specifics I'll let you know! I :heart: :astro: :)
I am well-aware of that incident with Hamegg watching TV; & the other one at the robot Museum in France.[/QUOTE] Well, then if you know so much why are you even asking for help?! You know you should first say thank you, but you already knew about those scenes because when someone is offering help that's what one usually says to the person offering help! You know because how does one know what you frakking know and don't know! I :heart: :astro: :p [/QUOTE] :blush: Sorry to have offended you, I should have said 'thanks.' However, as I did mention plot elements and "certain actors" it would have been better for you or others who are familiar with KTWL, to have asked for specifics, such as which actors, or what plot elements, rather than to volunteer information other than that about which I inquired. I could have been more specific, but as I had yet to ascertain whether there were any here who might have the answers, I declined.[/QUOTE] Excuse me! We should have asked for specifics about "certain actors"! Well excuse me, if I thought Astro Boy who is Tezuka's biggest star and his appearance in the show whether you were aware of it or not would not be considered an appearance by "certain actors"! Yes you should have been more specific if you were going to criticize people who are only trying to help! As for "other plot elements" I did state in my response that I would let you know of any I might find! But as for providing any more information, I'll think twice before I ever offer information to Mr. Jeffknowitallbert again! I still :heart: :astro: :p
Last edited by ASTROBUDDY on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

:astro: - be nice! I :heart: everyone! So does Kimba (we share voice actors!)
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Return to “General Discussion”