Kyoto Tezuka World closes

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Kyoto Tezuka World closes

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

http://tezukaosamu.net/en/tezuka_cms/?p=2958

Kyoto Tezuka World, a store as well as a theater of short movies located in Kyoto, Japan, has closed down two days ago on January 16th. And while this is somewhat old news, I do feel that word of this should be spread.

While it was a store, it also had a theater screen where various short Tezuka-related movies would also air.

Among those movies, these also included the various Astro Boy short movies, including the famous Shinsen-gumi movie.

Merchandise-wise, there's still other Tezuka stores in Japan and other stores that sell Tezuka merchandise, however there is no word on what's going to happen in regards to these films. Maybe a new theater will be built elsewhere, or maybe they'll finally give these films a home-release. Either way, everything is pretty much unknown right now.

Discuss.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

In the Japanese newspost about this, there's a user comment hoping that they'll see new digital distribution, as well as DVD/BD. Yes, Blu-ray Discs please!! *-*
I'm on Twitter.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

"F-Man" wrote:In the Japanese newspost about this, there's a user comment hoping that they'll see new digital distribution, as well as DVD/BD. Yes, Blu-ray Discs please!! *-*

I concur, also means that we would be able to import them and FINALLY get a chance to watch them. <_< And most of them are only 20 minutes or so long, it would make a good compilation DVD/Blu-Ray.

...I somehow doubt that'll happen though.

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

I tried to find the image where Pinoko is "wahh"ing, but this works well enough:

I hope the other stores, or Heaven forbid the museum, don't close. :(

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

I really doubt that the Tezuka Osamu Manga Museum will close, but that did made me think...

Was there any other Manga Museums that closed before? I do know that several other mangaka were given their own Manga Museum. (Shotaro Ishinimori comes to mind.)

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

Excuse me for one moment...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Theater's closed? Omg, so it's really closed!? I wonder what will happen now or if it means anything!

I really do hope they make a home release like you say. It's the 60th anniversary this year isn't it? Considering it's happen on this year, this might be a good sign it could happen! :cry: Gawd, I'd be so happy if it were true, I've always wanted to see them and it's just made no sense why they'd kept it on the theater all these years when they're really good.

Unless they're going to relocate the theater, but if they were they would've said and there's no mention of that. Also, I highly doubt they'd make these ova's and then remove them forever, that would be really....o_o stupid.

Thanks Dr. Jerk for this, I really hope these come out on dvd! :cry: if they do, I'll be the happiest girl alive!

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Well, the theater also showed other films that weren't Astro Boy, if I am correct.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

Yeah, but there's all the chance those could come out on dvd too! =3

Know it's best not to get our hopes up, though it still exciting wondering what'll happen. *_*

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”