What peoples,that have no idea from Astro Boy,think about it

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Rick
Metro City Citizen

What peoples,that have no idea from Astro Boy,think about it

Postby Rick » 13 years ago

Last weekend, i have write in the facebook chat with a old school friend.
We speak from god and the world, and hobby´s. I tell him from my collection
of Dragonball, the Punisher and Astro Boy. He asked me about Astro Boy and i told him from Osamu Tezuka and Astro Boy. Than he going in a rage. I dont now why, but he said that Astro Boy is a perverse comic. He said Astro Boy must forbidden because it is pedophile that a naked boy is the main character. I told him that is not true, but he stand on his mind. I can not unterstand it, that people can so respond. You agree that was to extreme,
or? I mean, Astro Boy is one of the famous, is the famous manga heros in Japan. He is the Micky Mouse of Japan. And the Disney characters are no better. Look at Donald Duck, i hope you understand what i mean :)
I stand on my opinion that my old friend is wrong about Astro Boy.
Above all, he no nothing about Astro Boy :astro:
Last edited by Rick on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

Once somebody had YouTube remove all the second halves of an Astro Boy series for that reason. :d oh:

It's ignorance. It's pretty much like when I saw Astro Boy on TV for the first time and thought, at first, that it would be another of those robot shows where it seemed to be just one fight after another.

Rick
Metro City Citizen

Postby Rick » 13 years ago

And it is like i say. He now nothing about Astro Boy,only that what i say to him. Everybody who ask me about Astro Boys looks, i tell him that is so. SuperMan has the blue-red dress, Batman black and the mask.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

I find people who say such things interesting. Isn't it hypocritical for someone to cry pedophilia on Astro's outfit if they're the only side of the conversation who sees sexuality in it? ;)
I'm on Twitter.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

Indeed!

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:I find people who say such things interesting. Isn't it hypocritical for someone to cry pedophilia on Astro's outfit if they're the only side of the conversation who sees sexuality in it? ;)

I know a friend who tried Astro Boy Volumes 1 & 2 compilation to get to know the series more.

She was turned off when Hamegg responded with "Robots don't wear clothes" when Astro asked if he could put some on.

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 13 years ago

One of my friends is practically obsessed with horror and violent movies. Its pretty obvious as to what he thinks of Astro Boy.

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 13 years ago

Pffffft, people who think that are just perverted. :C Granted, there are several jokes concerning this that my sister and I continue to make, but still - people getting bent out of shape about it is just plain silly. :P

He's a frikkin' robot for corn's sake! What, Is Wall-E supposed to wear pants now? Sheesh!

Besides, if we're going to get all riled up on a classic Japanese character, why don't we do the same for our classic American icons? Mickey wears no shirt, Minnie wears no pants (sometimes just a skirt and no shirt - seriously) and I have YET to see any cartoon duck with the decency to wear some undies. Honestly, the only fully-clothed Disney character is Goofy.

And do not get me started on Loony Toons, thank you very much.

So there. :P
*dust*

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

One time I was reading an Astro Boy manga in class and my friend Adam was like "Shnaiah, you do realize that Astro Boy is wearing nothing but his underwear?" and I was like "Oh, wadduyuno? He's a robot." I didn't take Adam too seriously though, because he may have just been teasing me. Mom thinks he LIKES me, (I doubt it, but who knows). I drew Astro once and I mean boy said I was a pedifile, and I had no idea what the word ment at the time, but I was like "OMG! Seriously stop making fun of Astro Boy!'' I just learn to ignore mean people no matter what they say to you. A bunch of my anime nerd friends know Astro Boy and after my recent Tezuka book report, more people know about him.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

I-Am-Atom's-Sister
Robot President

Postby I-Am-Atom's-Sister » 13 years ago

When I first watched the movie I laughed about his consistant 'striping down' during the film. Every time he did so I would comment, "And this is why the movie needs to be rated R"
But honestly now that I'm basically in love with Atom, I couldn't care less about his seemingly 'carelessness' about sexual refferences.

I don't care. You can all be thrilled that Jacob doesn't own a shirt. I'm busy watching Astro Boy for the 7.5th time.
Clothed Astro = cute little robot kid;
Naked Astro= Big damn hero.
~Shirubie

I :heart: :astro:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”