181 Ghost Manufacturing Machine

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

181 Ghost Manufacturing Machine

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

I start with this image of Galapago 13, only because I hope someone can read it:

Dr. Ochanomizu's house

Another title.

Contrast this to the chemical representation that Atom drew in, I believe it was ASTROBOY GOES TO SCHOOL. :p

SORRY BUT MUCH HAS BEEN SKIPPED, AS i WANT TO KEEP THE IMAGE COUNT LOW. Mama & Papa have already decided to allow Atom to pursue Ochanomizu's abductor, despite the ROBOT LAW'S ARTICLE 9. Thus, papa is calling Kocho-sensei to inform him of Atom's missing school that day.

Another one just for the title.

I had thought this was a robot, but there are voices inside, suggesting it is a vehicle.

The newer version of 'Platina' (Platinum).

Who, upon realizing that it was Atom he had been fighting, invited him into the robot partisans' bunker.

Is this thing spewing snow?

Reichfurher gloats.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

It seems like the Japanese-only episodes from seasons 3 and 4 are really creative -- I look forward to the day when we can all enjoy these!

Hope you can give us some more of the story and images!!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Having succeeded with a chicken, Dr. Pablos will now test the process on a helpless unwilling robot. The DH makes Ochanomizu protest that the intended subject is a ANDROID ROBOT, & as such deserves better treatment.

Oops, this robot is Pablos' son!

Later, we meet the Fürher:

I WANT RESULTS, NOW!

After Pablos had delivered Platinum from the Fürher's clutches,
Platinum confers with Ochanomizu.

A statement on the dictator's ego:

Here's one for the tushie thread:
:lol:

All hail the Fürher!

Treachery is afoot!

After being so angry with his old friend Pablos for bringing him here, Ochanomizu finds his apology letter.

This guy is just too trusting of his subordinates. :p

This is Grotesque BTW, he makes a very brief appearance in the 2003 series. :lol: Can you find him?

Ochanomizu shakes hands with Pablos' ghost. Apparently, the process had been used on a human before the chicken or ape. So, why was he worried about using it on Platinum?
:hyo:

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

This is one of my favorite manga episodes! Oh jeffbart, the reason he was nervouse to test it on Plantinum was because it might cause the robot to explode (or so I read in the manga version)
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Thanks, Anime Girl 16; I should have remembered that because I was going though the manga just the other day. :blush: BTW, I put up frames from the 1st animated version, but had lost the image hosting, so this one is indeed a good thing.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 13 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:I start with this image of Galapago 13, only because I hope someone can read it:

yuurei seizouki

Ghost Manufacturing Machine (episode title)

Another title.

ochanomizu kenkyuusho

Ochanomizu Research Institute

Another one just for the title.

gorugonia renpou

Confederation of Gorgonia

As far as I can remember, this story is a remake of an earlier 60's Astroboy episode, laid out a tiny bit differently.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Thanks, Strange Wings! Yes, this is a remake of #8, of which I did make a thread, but the image hosting was lost. :lol:

In the 1st image, there are small characters written above the larger ones, which as they are more complex, I assume are kanji.

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:In the 1st image, there are small characters written above the larger ones, which as they are more complex, I assume are kanji.

That's what they are.

Even the Japanese have trouble learning the various ways of writings. So it's common to see alternative writings used as an aid, even in today.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 13 years ago

Nice shots
There's something really cute about this one. Although there could be photoshop possibilities... :whistling:

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:There's something really cute about this one. Although there could be photoshop possibilities... :whistling:

Looks like we got another base for the Photoshop the Picture game...

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”