130 Storm on Mars

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

130 Storm on Mars

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

I thought I already uploaded this one, but could find no trace of it. Anyway, I just captured a new set of frames, so, here they are:
Once again Dr. Moss is involved; I believe the CHRONICLES identified him as the director of NASA, which he seems to be, in all his appearances.

Unfortunately, these two goofus reporters must also go.

Intership communications.

:D

Duke Red's character has a strong dislike of robots, so, he orders Atom to stay in the ship.

But Atom becomes uneasy & leaves anyway; he finds trouble.

These have been hypnotized into gathering the mushrooms.

Special guest stars: THEM!

:lol:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

These are GREAT!! Thanks so much, Jeffbert! I've been watching the 80's series lately, and when I see new images from the 60's I still have to say the style and imagination here is INCREDIBLE.

Love those ants!

What "Chronicles" are you referring to, that identified Dr. Moss as being the director of NASA?
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Not quite a 'BLEAH!' but it should go in that thread, anyway. :p

Now Red's character recalls his bitter past.

I think the little robot TRUE most resembles Red as a child.

I believe it says 'PERO'

I end the images here, though the story continues just a bit more. Red has realized the error of holding a grudge against ALL robots, because of the actions of ONE robot.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"AprilSeven" wrote:These are GREAT!! Thanks so much, Jeffbert! I've been watching the 80's series lately, and when I see new images from the 60's I still have to say the style and imagination here is INCREDIBLE.

Love those ants!

What "Chronicles" are you referring to, that identified Dr. Moss as being the director of NASA?

DH volumes 6-8 ("Once upon a Time" Astro boy Tales, part 3: Living Mold from Outer Space). I also think ADVENTURE ON MARS identifies him as director of the AMERICAN SPACE PROGRAM, but I believe this was before NASA was founded.

Here are the names from my notes:
‘Yurush-kun’? Duke Red
“Kashta-taisa”? Duke Red
‘Turie-hakase’: tall guy (DROOPY MUSTACHED GRADUATE GUY)
‘tick-san’
‘tock-san’ tick says ‘taku’

DOG: ‘犬’
Pero: ‘ペロ'
Last edited by jeffbert on Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

YUP!! You're right - the do refer to NASA and Kennedy Space Center, but I'm sure you're correct about what was originally there. It's really funny to see how our country is viewed by others! (the CIA guy, etc.)
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Well, as I understand it, Tezuka had a reason for bitterness toward authoritarian figures, whether CIA or soldier.

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President
Location: L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona province, Autonomous Community of Catalonia, Spain, Europe.

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » 12 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:Well, as I understand it, Tezuka had a reason for bitterness toward authoritarian figures, whether CIA or soldier.

According to some sources, he was actually beaten by American soldiers when he was a teenager because he couldn't answer them in English (and as far as I know, this was an usual "prank" during the Occupation :( ). Gotta love post-wars (we know a lot about it in Spain, and more in the region of Catalonia, where I am from:cry :) .

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”