Astro Boy 2003 had a movie?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"Kurosaki59" wrote:[QUOTE=Sparx;127696]I read though this whole tread. I'm so amazed, I wish I could have seen it, although I have noticed that they have almost all the movie in Japanese on that Chinese site.

I could only understand some of it. :|

Oh, Dude, give me the links. Worst case I can make a pretty basic script to go with it.[/QUOTE]

He was most likely talking about the tudou.com links. They were just the same 8 minute previews you can see on the official Tezuka site.

Speaking of which, I don't know what summaries you were talking about in that other posts, but maybe those at http://tezukaosamu.net/en/anime/theater.html would do the trick?
I'm on Twitter.

Kurosaki59
Kokoro Robot

Postby Kurosaki59 » 13 years ago

Ahh, okay, yeah, those were the only ones I could find too. I don't see the summaries on there for the movies I found. I was just gonna translate them. Only a few words I don't know so it's no biggie.

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 12 years ago

I sent an email to Tezuka Productions regarding Astro Boy VS IGZA movie and they replied:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

Atomars, you are the BEST!!! Thanks so much for contacting them!

Can you share where/what email address you originally used (was it this same person? Where did you find it?)

I feel VERY ENCOURAGED about the "new animation episode" - that sounds like a very intentional "hint"

Okay everyone - let's all follow Atomar's example and WRITE TO TEZUKA PRODUCTIONS!!!

We want access to ALL of Astro Boy and the other works by Tezuka!!! Even if they AREN'T in English, but we really want an effort made to have the whole Tezuka body of work translated for the rest of the world to enjoy!!

:tezuka: :heart: :tezuka: :heart:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Atomars
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atomars » 12 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Can you share where/what email address you originally used (was it this same person? Where did you find it?)

I use these:

yuriko_fukazawa(a)tezuka(dot)co(dot)jp (Licensing Director at Tezuka Productions)

and

museum(a)tezuka(dot)co(dot)jp
Last edited by Atomars on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:We want access to ALL of Astro Boy and the other works by Tezuka!!! Even if they AREN'T in English, but we really want an effort made to have the whole Tezuka body of work translated for the rest of the world to enjoy!!

I think they're trying, but the interest just isn't there. They started with Wonder Beat Scramble on Crunchyroll.com, and had further plans for later. They set up a contest to get translators, but everyone ignored it, which is a terrible shame as it could have led to wonderful things. Of course, it might have helped if they picked a better title, but I'm guessing they predicted that if it would be disastrous, it better not be on something important.

But it does seem like a good idea to me to at least ask for the short Astro Boy films to be put on Crunchyroll.
I'm on Twitter.

teugene50
On a Flight into Space

Postby teugene50 » 12 years ago

I hope that i could hardly wait. for my IGZA vs Astro boy movie.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 12 years ago

I like how they said they haven't released it, yet. So it's possible they have plans to release those films at some point.

And I hope there's a new animated series...and that it doesn't get censored stupidly like 03 =_=

Androids101
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Androids101 » 12 years ago

Who did the censoring for the '03 series anyway? :confused: :eek:

AtomXKoisuru
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AtomXKoisuru » 12 years ago

I saw the Atom movie for 2003 it was AMAZEING~! :) :astro: ;) :heart:
[sigpic][/sigpic] Find me online!! :D AtomXKoisuru@Youtube
Rebel-Pupcoon@DeviantART

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”