132 Prince Louis

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

132 Prince Louis

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

This is the story of a mother's desire that her rather humble son become great. Specifically, Prince Louis is a fully prosthetic cyborg in a rather plump, goofy-type body, who wants to be cool.
Among the guest stars are Haf-Wey / Knobby Knobody (of 43 His Highness Dead Cross / 43, Ditto),

and Hanako-sensei / Miss Ann Thrope (of 69, Rebellion of the Dinosaur People / 59, Dinosaur Dilemma); she is the short one, the Queen is the tall. In the 1st image, Louis is in the background; apparently, he thinks his servants were slacking-off.

It appears that George Jetson, after his series was canceled withonly 1 season (though a 2nd was made in the '80s), found work here. He is a TV news guy, who not only comes out of the screen, but is in both places at once. He announces the theft of a powerful robot,

Shadow II.

So, the queen having stolen Shadow II, has her son's electro-brain transferred out of his goofy body & into Shadow II.

As far as I can tell (guess) they swapped brains.

What's this, a loose button?

Ah-- who needs it?

But that button is VERY important!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Shadow II (in the goofus body) has run away, and been taken in by the good doctor.
:lol:

Another guest star makes an appearance. Here, he portrays ‘Shadow-hakasen,' the scientist who created Shadow II. Earlier, he portrayed Dr. Guiness / Prof. Jingo (80, Humanoid Bill / 71, Mighty Minute, in the English version).

He also portrayed ‘Zeman-hakase’ / Prof. Angus Muse (in 94, Angel in the Alps / 85, Angel of the Alps).

Uh-oh, Shadow-hakasen has just given us some rather bad news.

So, now Atom & Shadow II (in the fat body) must travel to the kingdom & replace the button before the nuke in Shadow II's cool body explodes.

Anther guest appearance, though Boon has to accept minor roles to escape typecasting. :lol:

Is this an offensive missile? no, just more fuel for the hero.

Now that the prince knows his body contains an armed nuke, he must act.

He decides to fly into space and explode.

All hang their heads in solemnity.

Atom decides to risk himself

O.k., does anyone familiar with the 2003 series see any familiar element here? :lol: :astro:

Solarcat20
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Solarcat20 » 12 years ago

It's probably obivious, but i can't see any familiar elements. Please tell me. :)

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 12 years ago

Hi, Jeffbert! This is your best work yet! I especially liked the comment about George Jetson moonlighting from his series because it's been cancelled :lol:

Since I have not watched an episode of 2003 Astro Boy in a long while I won't hazard a guess and just wait for the answer! I am sure this episode would be great to watch in its entirety.

I :heart: :astro: :)

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

It appears Atom can't use his legs in a series of these -- is it just coincidental he's on his tummy, or is something wrong?

Another great look into an episode I hope to see some day! Thanks, Jeffbert!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

Is it the thing his holding?
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

GOOD GUESSES, but all are wrong. Notice how the one robot is about to explode, he flies away to save the others. The thing he is holding, AstroBoy03, is the electro-brain of Prince Louis. In '03 DENKU, Skunk had strapped a bomb on Denku, and it was about to explode. Atom grabbed D, flew high into the air, there was the explosion, and fears among the people, who concluded that both A & D were gone. Then, Atom flew into view, cradling D in his arms. Happy ending; I think that element may have been inspired by this ending. :p

Thanks, ASTROBUDDY! I actually made a similar comment about Rock losing the role in IVAN THE FOOL the the ribbon girl. What exactly do you find so pleasing about this thread? Is it the text?

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”