119 Flying Lens

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

119 Flying Lens

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

As the story opens, Atom is already deployed to outer space and is commanding a ship crewed by robots. I cannot tell why, though.

Of the guest stars, both Mason & the evil pharmacist (of 042 Yellow Horse) have succeeded where many others have failed. They have found roles as non-villains.

Who says robots are all work & no play? :lol:

It appears that Mason has a weapon that by itself, can destroy the approaching asteroid. I admit being at a loss to know much more than that, so I here quote one sentence from the episode guide:
Humans, however, cannot cooperate in tackling this global issue because they all motivated by their own greed.

I assume that Mason resists using his weapon because that would leave his own nation defenseless, yet, as I now realize, I may be confusing the synopsis of some other episode, perhaps even one from W3.

:D

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Having realized the danger of a giant lens, Dr. Ochanomizu calls a conference of scientists.

What follows are a few select frames showing guest stars:

Either KUTTER or NORTARIIN, but I have trouble with similar faces, & still cannot tell which without looking at their pictures. :blush:

:hyo:

Here are Dr. Fooler, Dr. Pedan (of Count Bat / Vampire Vale), & a few others whom we would not expect to see here. :p

:p The hairy faced guy in glasses is Dr. Tatangami, I believe he is listed on the characters' directory on the Tezuka site, & a duck. ;)

His energy almost gone, he reaches for the button--

Then he awakens in his own bed, perhaps wondering as I do, how he got there. :astro:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

LOL!! Look at Elefun's eyeballs! :lol:

Why do I get the feeling I've seen this before - especially when Elefun held up the lens. I seem to remember an episode that wasn't full color, but they added red, and it was a planet or asteroid endangering Earth . . . hmmmm. I'll bet you know what I'm talking about, Jeffbert.

It seems the asteroid is ice, and they end up melting it.... :whistling:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 12 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:LOL!! Look at Elefun's eyeballs! :lol:

Why do I get the feeling I've seen this before - especially when Elefun held up the lens. I seem to remember an episode that wasn't full color, but they added red, and it was a planet or asteroid endangering Earth . . . hmmmm. I'll bet you know what I'm talking about, Jeffbert.

Well could be because "Flying Lens" is also known as "Planet 13" (episode# 102), and you are remembering seeing that!

I :heart: :astro: :lol:
Last edited by ASTROBUDDY on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

I have seen this episode on YouTube, but I think this is different :astro:
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 12 years ago

That Mason character kinda reminds me of Bison from Street Fighter.
Last edited by Ghost on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President
Location: L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona province, Autonomous Community of Catalonia, Spain, Europe.

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » 12 years ago

That duck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJZn4z2F2XI&feature=related

Is Tatangami a cousin of Cousin It?

Last edited by Ataru Moroboshi on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 12 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:LOL!! Look at Elefun's eyeballs! :lol:

@AstroBoy03: Japanese episode# 119, "Flying Lens" is most definitely, Astro Boy# 102, "Planet 13".
The only other episode where a red tint was added that I know of was, "Last Day on Earth" aka "Attack from Space". At least that is the way it appears in the Astro Boy DVD Collector's Box Vol.# 2 of the 1960s series.

I :heart: :astro: :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Oops!

:blush:

My notes on the series are in a 9 column table with these headings:
JS | j title | ES | e title | disc | Stars | Based on | Date

I don't know how I overlooked the dub! I usually title such threads in this format:
"119 Flying Lens (102 Planet 13)", but I guess I was in the habit of posting ones that were not dubbed. :D
I have not even any notes on the dubbed version! :cry: :hyo:

AprilSeven, would you please rename this thread as "119 Flying Lens (102 Planet 13)"?

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”