173 Robotty

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

173 Robotty

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

I thought I already made a thread for this one, but, upon not finding it, here is a new one. This one is about miniature robots building a city right in the middle of THE MINISTRY OF SCIENCE, & Dr. Ochanomizu's hapless attempts to force them to move out. :lol:

Hover, it open with a family picnic:
However, the tent suggests it is a bit more than a mere picnic.

Notice the traditional Japanese baby garment: it is hardly a diaper. :D I have seen these in other shows also; Ataru Moroboshi well knows that the fat little ax-wielding boy who rides the flying bear wears one; I believe his name is Kentaro, though it has been a few years since I watch Urusei Yatsura. Cub Daigoro (of Lone Wolf & Cub) wears one, as do a few minor characters in Innuyasha. I suppose on a practical basis, these have both advantages and disadvantages compared to diapers. :p

Chitan is starting to cry. He is VERY loud, so Atom must carry him away.

Here is one of my few attempts at pasting two images together:
I guess PB resized it, as it should have been much wider 960 by 480.

"look what I found!"

Robotty is one of a kind, & asks for a companion.

:lol: :hyo: This guy has a very versatile nose.

Ouch! When I was a kid, I stepped on a hornets' nest; I ran as best I could, but tripped. That actually must have saved me because I was stung only about 8 times. I guess they don't look down when pursuing their enemies. :p

"Whose the littlest one, now?"

:p

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

hahah :p

"Whose the littlest one, now?"
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

OMG this is so funny!! Look at the expression of SATISFACTION on Uran and Cobalt's faces!! FINALLY they don't have to share the spotlight with that pesky Atom!

I really love the family portrait, and I wish the American episodes had Cobalt, Uran and Chitan as part of the stories. Beyond the funny looking "diaper" (what do they do, untie it from his neck and wrap it around his bottom?) Did you notice how Cobalt and Papa are seated?

It seems Tezuka (?) was developing the children's individual personalities more, and you can see where Atom does seem a little "pushy" below - as if to say "MINE!!" Uran looks like she's not gonna let him boss her around, Cobalt seems surprised at Atom's reaction, and Chi-Tan is just taking it all in.

173_Robotty_083.jpg
173_Robotty_083.jpg (29.03 KiB) Viewed 9980 times
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

As far as I can tell, the Robotty Ochanomizu has created the micro-robotties, in an attempt to give the others a taste of their own medicine.

A similar idea was expressed in 124 Parting Gift (104 Double Trouble), when robotic replacements for O, H, & T, among others actually began attempting to permanently take their roles. :D

After all Ochanomizu's attempts to evict Robotty & friends from the MOS had failed, an even smaller robot species emerges to give Robotty the same type of trouble that he gave the humans. :p

:p

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"AprilSeven" wrote:Beyond the funny looking "diaper" (what do they do, untie it from his neck and wrap it around his bottom?)

I think it simply serves as an apron, and that anything that falls to the ground is simply cast away. :p The other characters I mentioned merely go about nearly naked, except Diagoro, who wears one under his kimono. :D

the 鉄腕アトム fan
Beyond the Stars

Postby the 鉄腕アトム fan » 12 years ago

LOL, how did he get small, i don't understand?
Go Go Go Assstttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooy :astro:

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President
Location: L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona province, Autonomous Community of Catalonia, Spain, Europe.

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » 12 years ago

Jeffbert: In my version, Kentaro was re-named to Biceps-a-go-go. Seriously.

This is a real treasury for the Photoshop game !!! That "evil Uran & Cobalt" image is just hilarious. If only they knew what Fate had prepared for his brother maybe they won't behave this way...
Last edited by Ataru Moroboshi on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 12 years ago

These are some interesting screenshots XD

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

Interesting . . . Robotty's head looks strikingly similar to Reddy Kilowatt (aka "Mighty Atom). Coincidence?

reddysmall.jpg
reddysmall.jpg (18.91 KiB) Viewed 6085 times
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"Ataru Moroboshi" wrote:Jeffbert: In my version, Kentaro was re-named to Biceps-a-go-go. Seriously.

Manga, I presume?

"AprilSeven" wrote:Interesting . . . Robotty's head looks strikingly similar to Reddy Kilowatt (aka "Mighty Atom). Coincidence?

[attachment=]779[/attachment]

:lol: I would not know either way.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”