What was the last thing you bought?

Off topic discussion.
Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

What was the last thing you bought?

Postby Anime Girl » 12 years ago

At WalMart on Friday, a Shonen Jump magazine, a Sailor Moon manga, a Beavis and ButtHead DVD, a Beavis and ButtHead poster, lollipops, teriyaki beef stick, pink nail polish, mango body lotion, and cherry soda.
Last edited by Anime Girl on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

1/3 Lb. of General Tsao's chicken, also from WM.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 12 years ago

Gas for my car. :lol:

In all seriousness, I bought The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword back in late December. I am more of a saver than a spender when it comes to money.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 12 years ago

I bought a vintage clock-photo frame from 1988...a 3.5x5" photo goes in one side, and a stylized Birks clock (with an alarm, even) is on the other. It can fold together like a book. The ticking is super silent, but the alarm is really something... :d oh:

I've been remodeling my room to have a late eighties touch (which I'm totally blaming on Robert Palmer's influence) and this clock is perfect. I've got a picture of Yasuyuki Okamura in a trenchcoat in the photo side right now!

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 12 years ago

@Fauna - you mean "Simply Irresistible" and "Addicted to Love" Robert Palmer? I LOVE HIM (well, LOVED him :cry :) . He is a TOTAL hottie.

I was in my early 30's back then and YES I pulled my hair back and globbed on 10 tons of eye makeup and RED lipstick - and darn if I didn't look just like a member of his "model backup band!!!" :cool: All of us obnoxious "yuppie" girls loved him :wub: (also Sting/Police)

Last thing I bought - uhhh $10 in basket raffle tickets at the fundraising tea I went to this afternoon (didn't win - booooo).
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

jmb2891
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jmb2891 » 12 years ago

Astro Boy Dark Horse Volumes 5, 10, and 12. So far, 5 & 10 are the most expensive ones I've got, at about 10 bucks each.
"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."
-Jim Morrison

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you, too, can become great."
-Mark Twain

Please check out:
My YouTube Channel
My Ultimate-Guitar Profile

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 12 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:@Fauna - you mean "Simply Irresistible" and "Addicted to Love" Robert Palmer? I LOVE HIM (well, LOVED him :cry :) . He is a TOTAL hottie.

I was in my early 30's back then and YES I pulled my hair back and globbed on 10 tons of eye makeup and RED lipstick - and darn if I didn't look just like a member of his "model backup band!!!" :cool: All of us obnoxious "yuppie" girls loved him :wub: (also Sting/Police)

Yesss, that Palmer! :heart: I'm listening to his 1992 album "Ridin' High" right now, and I'm four CDs away from a complete discography. He's been my favourite British artist since the fall of 2010, and he's inspired me to be classy and refined since then!

(That reminds me...I've been planning to get some friends together this Halloween so we can go as Robert and the band girls!)

Astroboy599
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Astroboy599 » 12 years ago

my new tv from walmart
Astro: "Dr. O'shay....... Do I have to do my homework?" O'shay: "yes Astro, you must do your homework" Astro: "darn it!"

鉄腕アトムのルール :astro:
My youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/Aang599?feature=mhee

Tetsuwan Atom
Robot President

Postby Tetsuwan Atom » 12 years ago

The last thing that must have been the first Buddha movie from Malaysia because it actually has english subs and doesn't cost like over 70 dollars and no ******* english company is going to take it as usual :rolleyes: .
Last edited by Novacain on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate word

Osamu Tezuka God of Manga Father of Anime RIP 1928-1989
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnimeNewsNetwork1?feature=mhum

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

"Tetsuwan Atom" wrote:The last thing that must have been the first Buddha movie from Malaysia because it actually has english subs and doesn't cost like over 70 dollars and no ******* english company is going to take it as usual :rolleyes: .

Can you extract the subtitles using SubRip?

Last things I bought include Tezuka's Shumari manga, Hot Stuff the Little Devil comics and merchandise, a couple movies on Blu-ray. Still waiting for everything to arrive.
I'm on Twitter.

Return to “General Discussion”